• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

bogging in an apache!!!!!!

heard news 2day that an apache stopped off in a mates field, bogged in and caused a world of pain...................anyone got any pics of this f**k up????

At least get your facts straight. The Apache in question had a bird strike and had to put down ASAP which happened to be in a farmers field. Then, upon shutting down engines found they were sinking into ground, tried to restart engine and over torqued.

Sigs Jedi, thats not what happened either.

Furthermore It isn't for me to post the events on here as the crew have enough to be dealing with as it is.

I'm sure all will out in the wash up so to speak.

Muttley, Stop being such a girl and tell us what happened??

sigs_jedi said:
At least get your facts straight. The Apache in question had a bird strike and had to put down ASAP which happened to be in a farmers field. Then, upon shutting down engines found they were sinking into ground, tried to restart engine and over torqued.
sounds to me like pilot error

oh and jedi think you gave a bit to much info on were you work, cause ive got your number

Was the field in question anywhere near Pizza Hut?????

Are the crew ok?

Stop mucking about and tell us all what happened

as far as the romours go

they had a bird strike, no warnings in the cockpit so landed on in field to check over A/C noticed they were sinking and upon start up they over torqued thier engines.
guard force out to stag on the A/C then in morning the farmer made them breakfast

anyone know any different

Doesn't sound like anybody's fault except the bird's if that was the true reason. Wires don't fly into cabs but birds do.

Shame the press just see it as another stick to beat somebody round the head with.

Fcuk 'em.

Muttley said:
And He's still wrong Elephant Man! He'll find out on tuesday.
I assume you jest Muttley, is it wrong to post a rumour on a web site built soley for that purpose?

Awe bokkocks - just go ahead and hit im with a AF252

mpsman, I didn't mean he would be disciplined etc I meant that his version of events with regard to the AH is wrong and he would probably find out the truth today.

Bird strike?
sounds a little like we are trying to blame our feathered friends on a deliberate act of aggression against us. I think it would be more accurate to say the aircraft hit the bird..(not on purpose)

Muttley- Twas mentioned in jest my friend. Though I still believe the 252 should be used in the first instance...... damn, they never did me any harm . . . And I had loads of em during the earlier parts of my carreer.

Remaining within the thread, should the crew also get 252 for over torqueing <spelling?> the cab ? Only jesting of course !! :)