• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Boeings new spy plane prototype

combination of a scaled down B2 airframe and a cruise missile/tomahawk power pack.

Don't think we could afford it, not once the depths of the Liarbour debt are uncovered anyway.

mick_sterbs said:
combination of a scaled down B2 airframe and a cruise missile/tomahawk power pack.

Don't think we could afford it, not once the depths of the Liarbour debt are uncovered anyway.
I thought we were still on with Taranus

Hasn't this thing already been flying? As above it looks like a scaled down version of the B2 and a scaled UP version of the spyplane already on test in afgan?

seaweed said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1277235/Phantom-Ray-Boeing-unveils-spy-plane-future.html

In the steps of Barnes Wallis' "Swallow" where he tried to demonstrate that a flying wing doesn't have to have a vertical stabiliser.
It looks far closer to the Horten brothers earlier work
Horten IX

JustLoitering said:
seaweed said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1277235/Phantom-Ray-Boeing-unveils-spy-plane-future.html

In the steps of Barnes Wallis' "Swallow" where he tried to demonstrate that a flying wing doesn't have to have a vertical stabiliser.
It looks far closer to the Horten brothers earlier work
Horten IX

I saw them on the telly last week on "Hitlers secret WW2 weapons guaranteed to worry your Granny in colour" or somesuch.They were well ahead of their time weren't they.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the Hortens morphed into Northrop's post-war B35 & YB49 the first had pusher props, the second had jet engines.

B35:

YB49:

Sorry about poor scan/pic quality.

When the Yanks got to where the NATO School in Oberammergau now sits they nearly shat themselves when they found an underground aircraft factory that was producing the ME 262 ,they also found a research and development building that was full of new design projects and many of these were of flying wing types,try googling,the internets full of details.

Attachments

Latest Threads