Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boeing/Saab win USAF Trainer Contract with TX

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
looks like an F-18 and an Alpha Jet had kids.

Nice looking machine

UK messed this one up, we should have made more of the Boeing / Goshawk relationship to get in on this but kudos to Saab, I hope we work with them on a rival European/Jap 6th Gen at the expense of Germany and France.

I always liked SAAB jets and a company and country who can produce the Grippen on their own deserves the kudos.

It would be interesting to see if the Boeing T-X is also a suitable candidate for the Light Attack role that the US was recently looking at.

It would certainly be a twofer if it also meets those requirements. Having a production line for trainers that could also switch to light attack would be handy.

UK messed this one up, we should have made more of the Boeing / Goshawk relationship...

They did and for a while, the Hawk looked like it was the front runner and the USAF were especially impressed with the T2’s airborne emulation and synthetics; it would also have allowed parallel upgrades for the USN’s T-45Cs.

Unfortunately, the goalposts were shifted and a supersonic capability was suddenly added.

It would be interesting to see if the Boeing T-X is also a suitable candidate for the Light Attack role that the US was recently looking at...

I believe that ship has sailed the the USAF have effectively settled on a turboprop competition between the AT-6C and Super Tuc.

Regards,
MM

Good looking plane

Latest Threads