Boeing/Saab win USAF Trainer Contract with TX

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
looks like an F-18 and an Alpha Jet had kids.

Nice looking machine

UK messed this one up, we should have made more of the Boeing / Goshawk relationship to get in on this but kudos to Saab, I hope we work with them on a rival European/Jap 6th Gen at the expense of Germany and France.

I always liked SAAB jets and a company and country who can produce the Grippen on their own deserves the kudos.

It would be interesting to see if the Boeing T-X is also a suitable candidate for the Light Attack role that the US was recently looking at.

It would certainly be a twofer if it also meets those requirements. Having a production line for trainers that could also switch to light attack would be handy.

UK messed this one up, we should have made more of the Boeing / Goshawk relationship...

They did and for a while, the Hawk looked like it was the front runner and the USAF were especially impressed with the T2’s airborne emulation and synthetics; it would also have allowed parallel upgrades for the USN’s T-45Cs.

Unfortunately, the goalposts were shifted and a supersonic capability was suddenly added.

It would be interesting to see if the Boeing T-X is also a suitable candidate for the Light Attack role that the US was recently looking at...

I believe that ship has sailed the the USAF have effectively settled on a turboprop competition between the AT-6C and Super Tuc.

Regards,
MM

Good looking plane

Latest Threads