bodyweight exercises

does anybody know any bodyweight exercises that can be used for strenghtning the latts and traps?

the bodyweight workout i made up for myself is:
5 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups
4 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups

and so on until 1 heave and then the press ups and sit ups after.
this is just a brief workout i made for when im at home where i have no weights except my own carcass and it's a bit unbalanced.

any reccommendations appreciated.

thanks
ss

If you really want to work your lats and traps, try (hands only) rope climbing.
Its not a convenient option for everybody, but if you've got access to a big tree and 10m of 30mm hemp rope, its well worth a try.

sandmanfez said:
If you really want to work your lats and traps, try (hands only) rope climbing.
Its not a convenient option for everybody, but if you've got access to a big tree and 10m of 30mm hemp rope, its well worth a try.
True! That or Pullups. Lots and lots of pullups.

silver-shadow said:
does anybody know any bodyweight exercises that can be used for strenghtning the latts and traps?

5 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups
4 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups

this is just a brief workout i made for when im at home where i have no weights except my own carcass and it's a bit unbalanced.

thanks
ss

Pull-ups with the palms facing out is the best exercise to develop your lats. Traps are harder to exercise without using dumbells/barbells, though they will get some benefit from pull-ups.

mcclurg said:
Crossfit blah blah !
"Crossfit" is a marketing gimmick, mankind has being using bodyweight exercises for a very long time. Armed Forces were using this training long before "crossfit" existed! :)

ostvic said:
mcclurg said:
Crossfit blah blah !
"Crossfit" is a marketing gimmick, mankind has being using bodyweight exercises for a very long time. Armed Forces were using this training long before "crossfit" existed! :)

*laughs childishly*

edit- that's in approval or your statement

G

gdm.bizkit

What do you guys think of the "Navy sealas workout" videos on that ewtube. Would you say they're worthwhile?

Ian1983 said:
ostvic said:
mcclurg said:
Crossfit blah blah !

*laughs childishly*

edit- that's in approval or your statement
Seconded. Crossfit is just the latest rip-off in the fitness industry. :roll:

silver-shadow said:

5 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups
4 x heaves
15 x press ups
15 x sit ups

thanks
ss
You could do something for your lower body with squats, lunges and pistols.

Latest Threads