bodyweight exercises

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by silver-shadow, Mar 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anybody know any bodyweight exercises that can be used for strenghtning the latts and traps?

the bodyweight workout i made up for myself is:
    5 x heaves
    15 x press ups
    15 x sit ups
    4 x heaves
    15 x press ups
    15 x sit ups

and so on until 1 heave and then the press ups and sit ups after.
    this is just a brief workout i made for when im at home where i have no weights except my own carcass and it's a bit unbalanced.

any reccommendations appreciated.

thanks
    ss

2. Overhand pullups. Wide arm pressups

Dips will do your triceps/biceps/delts

3. If you really want to work your lats and traps, try (hands only) rope climbing.
    Its not a convenient option for everybody, but if you've got access to a big tree and 10m of 30mm hemp rope, its well worth a try.

4. Have a look at this :)

5. True! That or Pullups. Lots and lots of pullups.

6. Pull-ups with the palms facing out is the best exercise to develop your lats. Traps are harder to exercise without using dumbells/barbells, though they will get some benefit from pull-ups.

7. "Crossfit" is a marketing gimmick, mankind has being using bodyweight exercises for a very long time. Armed Forces were using this training long before "crossfit" existed! :)

8. *laughs childishly*

edit- that's in approval or your statement

9. What do you guys think of the "Navy sealas workout" videos on that ewtube. Would you say they're worthwhile?

10. Seconded. Crossfit is just the latest rip-off in the fitness industry. :roll:

11. You could do something for your lower body with squats, lunges and pistols.