Bodybuilding and the army

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gunnerfalkey, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening Ladies and Gents,

A quick question, is it possible to be a serving soldier and continue bodybuilding as a hobby? Is the diet of a bodybuilder impossible to achieve under PAYD? Can you use supplements in the army, (i.e creatine, whey and protein bars?) Are there any examples of soldiers who practice bodybuilding in the forces? Or will i have to kiss the muscles goodbye?

Note this is not (unlike most of my posts) a wah. Thanks :)

2. Why don't you just do steroids like everybody else does?
  3. :eek:
  4. yes quite possible, a few lads who stayed bodybuilding, have won in places like cyprus etc, however not the full muscleman route, but well more the toned type, you wont be able to go the full type of bodybuilder, you wont have the time or food to do it, but will for lesser catagories of bodybuilding.

Personally id just go on the piss, but well why not become a gym queen and wearing natty t-shirts and crossed swords?
  5. What do you mean by bodybuilding? i) BMI of 27, bodyfat of 6%, no drugs and 35 minutes for 10k, or ii) BMI of 35, jim-jam bottoms, 28% bodyfat, decadurabolin and getting out of breath walking down the shops :D

One of the all-round fittest people I knew at uni did the full Arnold "Education of a Bodybuilder" routine of years building strength and then moving on to horrific constant-motion split routines. Really, really fit bloke, he was about 81kg and 5 foot nine, so powerful but mobile, but going at it like that is rare.