Body Xray Machines at Heathrow Rail station

Ventress

LE
Being trialled for a few weeks at huge cost. Scans the body in 1min 20 secs.

No doubt the Lefty PC brigade will drip about how the individuals Human Rights are infringed by taking a full body Xray!

I'd be more worried about the health risk from being X-rayed on a regular basis personally. Regular radiation exposure is something to be avoided if possible.

I was zapped by the one that they were trialling at T4 in June. Passengers are required to stand in 4 poses for 4 snap-shots and that time-frame sounds about right - it was certianly no slower than the queue for the metal detector and the hands-on body check. The reason that they're so keen to use it is that it flags human drugs mules, thus some of the funding is coming from Customs & Excise.

Edit in response to the concern about radiation: I asked that and was told that it was much lower than normal x-ray machines and was equivalent to the radiation one receives from a mobile 'phone.

F

fozzy

Ventress said:
Being trialled for a few weeks at huge cost. Scans the body in 1min 20 secs.

No doubt the Lefty PC brigade will drip about how the individuals Human Rights are infringed by taking a full body Xray!
Are these X-Rays or the new Terrawave Scanners? Apparently, they can see through clothing... :)