Body Xray Machines at Heathrow Rail station

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ventress, Jan 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Being trialled for a few weeks at huge cost. Scans the body in 1min 20 secs.

No doubt the Lefty PC brigade will drip about how the individuals Human Rights are infringed by taking a full body Xray!

2. I'd be more worried about the health risk from being X-rayed on a regular basis personally. Regular radiation exposure is something to be avoided if possible.

3. Suicide bombers are also a health risk and should be avoided at all costs!

4. I was zapped by the one that they were trialling at T4 in June. Passengers are required to stand in 4 poses for 4 snap-shots and that time-frame sounds about right - it was certianly no slower than the queue for the metal detector and the hands-on body check. The reason that they're so keen to use it is that it flags human drugs mules, thus some of the funding is coming from Customs & Excise.

Edit in response to the concern about radiation: I asked that and was told that it was much lower than normal x-ray machines and was equivalent to the radiation one receives from a mobile 'phone.

5. Are these X-Rays or the new Terrawave Scanners? Apparently, they can see through clothing... :)