Body Shop Founder Anita Roddick Dies

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by THE_EDITOR, Sep 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All that healthy living bolleaux didn't do her much good, did it?
  2. Not much you can do about Hep C, F_B. High-tech medicine has about the same effect as lentil exfoliators, so whatever floats your boat, I guess.

She believed in what she did, not many other CEOs you can say that about.
  3. So will it be renamed the "Dead" body shop?
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yep, all that healthy shoit . . . failed. Yep, she was a good business woman, who stood by her principles, that is, until she sold the business to another company with no principles whatsoever in the mistaken belief that her 'terms' were worth the toilet paper they were written on. As a great multitude of her customers might say "That's karma baby".

I wouldn't of course. :twisted:
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Hear, hear.

Unfortunately we do not really credit the achievments of people like her in the UK. Self made people who create wealth and jobs and enhance British interests abroard deserve more recognition - especially when they are clearly principled and decent buisness leaders.
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well they did make her a Dame what more do you want?
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A woman of pretty extreme views, as the main item on her website shows:

"Join me in signing Stop The War Coalition’s urgent letter to Tony Blair calling for an immediate and unconditional ceasefire in Lebanon, to stop Israel’s attacks on Lebanon and Gaza and to end Tony Blair’s support for Bush’s wars."

Or this bit:

"Let's face it. There will never be peace in the middle-east as long as Israel is there. Palestinians who were displaced by Israel and moved to refugee camps will never accept Israel as a legitimate state. So, why continue a painful sitation indefinitely?
    Instead, here's a workable plan for permanent peace. Since the United States government (and especially the Bush administration) is so supportive of Israel, let's move Israel from a place where they are NOT wanted (the Middle East) to a place where ther ARE wanted (the United States). Specifically, let's move the Israelis to Texas and Florida (the two Bush strongholds). The Americans won't mind being displaced a little. They are not terrorists."

Another lefty, wealth, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do hypocritical tree-hugger, in fact one of the first. I presume she'll be buried in a nice wickerwork coffin or a cardboard box in a wood somewhere?
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

What I would like is a slightly more american approach to business leadership eg. see them as the prosperity makers rather than the "fat cats" generally portrayed in the UK press.
    Of the top 50 entrepreneurs in UK, the public could probably only name Riddick and Branson, and Senior managers - only Alan Sugar?
    Britian has world class companies, world class business people and world class ideas - and we do an excellent job of driving most of it abroad...
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So the vapid tart called for the destruction of the state of Israel, and didn't even think about the historical fact that it is THE original home of the jews?!?! That's like her saying "Well, the American Indians have got more in common with Eskimos, so let's get them out of the USA".

Sorry, she might have been a clever business woman, but principled she most certainly wasn't.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

See there you go listening to the press again. :roll:

Why the fcuk would we want an American approach? Enron anyone!!!!

Anyway what the hell is your point you whinging tart.
  11. Now be fair chaps.

She was recently reported as saying she didn't want to die rich, so was giving half her £ 100 M fortune to charity.

Leaving £ 50 M.

I wish I was that poor.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Which charities, and who are the trustees, and what about the little tiny, itsy not-fat-cat-at-all bit she kept for herself? Has anyone got a line into this money, and can I help?
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

We had this conversation before - when it comes to the UK press I bow to your extensive knowledge....
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

No we haven't and why would I be a press expert other than having the intelligence to know that not all I read is the truth.

I ask you again what is your point, you intellectual giant you?