body armour

Mate it's still related. And he's trying to do something for the blokes.

Just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own it.

Further to that there are at least two other threads discussing issue body armour and at least one of them also discusses commercial alternatives.

Enjoy the forums and good luck with getting in...

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
Two things you won't be issued with when (if) you get in mate:

1) A sense of humour.

2) The instinct for knowing when to stop talking.

Those you will need to provide yourself.

BashaBasher

Old-Salt

Howabout using UK Police body armour? They are nice nifty things and not so bulky.

I still like the NI Frag Vests with the green rubber butt pads, They were a Brit copy of the yank thing used in vietnam, The only difference is the Brit one has velcro instead of a Zip.

Buy any as long as its cheap and does the job. Brand spanking new ones go from £150 to &300 depending on Ballistic level.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
cdt_l/cpl said:
yes if it will get you lot to stop talking about it, END OF.
Fucking "END OF" ?

I think I want to massage the "END OF" my tubesteak up your dung trumpet you obnoxious little creature.

Better and wiser men than you have already informed you to stop gobbing off like a cnut and you choose both to ignore them and tell them how to behave ?
In the remote chance you are accepted into our army, the short time you spend in Depot before being binned will leave you in no doubt that their advice should have been heeded.
You'd best start to get a grip asap son.

Cutaway said:
cdt_l/cpl said:
Fucking "END OF" ?

I think I want to massage the "END OF" my tubesteak up your dung trumpet you obnoxious little creature.

Better and wiser men than you have already informed you to stop gobbing off like a cnut and you choose both to ignore them and tell them how to behave ?
In the remote chance you are accepted into our army, the short time you spend in Depot before being binned will leave you in no doubt that their advice should have been heeded.
You'd best start to get a grip asap son.
Well said Cuts.

Little chance of the boy having a brain fart and getting a grip on reality though!!

fastmedic

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
cdt_l/cpl said:
Not being funny, but pretty much everyone here has been more than polite to you in the first instance. This is not something the Corporals and Sergeants you meet in Phase 1 will be. They, like the older and wiser heads here who have done their bit, certainly will not tolerate any form of back talk. Indeed, they will rip the shit out of you for it.

You might not see it but I, along with those here who have served, are trying to do you a favour. Treat people here with respect and learn when to quit whilst you're behind. Whilst you did say sorry, you felt the need to get in the last word - that impresses absolutely no one.

Finally, you are in absolutely no position to tell anyone here when to stop talking. That's something you need to learn to do.

Good luck kid.

cdt_l/cpl said:
Wahey here we go....

If you get angry looking at ARRSE, take a step back, have a breather and think about what you're gonna say.
If you bite people WILL keep on pushing until you break like a wet kitkat in a horror box! :)

Same as forces life really. Can't take a bit of criticism? Sack the enlistment, before you get in and things go a bit wanky!! People here are a cross section of the forces, so if you don't get on with them.... take it as a combat indicator!

Have fun!

cdt_l/cpl said:
You are going to get filled in big time if that attitude accompanies you to your ATR. By the recruits, not the DS.

In the meantime, here is a supply of capital letters.

Some rotter from year eight has pinched all of yours.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

cdt_l/cpl said:
i understand that i would not get sent over there as a cadet, but i am joining next year, plus about that insurance if u get shot or blown up whats the point in havin it when your dead i know your family would get it but that would only happen if they took the MOD to court.
In serious mode; if you are killed or injured when wearing non-issue protective kit, you / your next of kin can kiss goodbye to any payout from your employer - the MoD.

It works for lots of things. If you break your ankle wearing non-issue boots then the MOD doesn't have to pay out either.

Despite what the cynical old bugger on here say, and despite the procurment irragularities, the MOD does try and provide the best equipment it can, for the money it has, which is not a lot.

Right now body armour should be the least of your worries, getting through depot is much higher up the list.

Latest Threads