Body Armour

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ipaq, Sep 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of any companies in the UK or abroad that will sell you body armour to the following specifications.

Main jacket NIJ Level III-A

Ceramic plates 11" X 13" @ 0.5" in thickness

Not to arrsed about the cost but need a fast delivery time aprrox 2 weeks.

Any help greatfully received

Regards

2. Going somewhere hot and sandy on film star wages by any chance Mr ipaq?

3. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

A quick search of google turned up these chaps

HTH

J

4. Hang on! I'm suspicious now.

Either:

1. Mr ipaq and Mr jmj are doing a bit of sly advertising for their body armour business.

2. Without knowing where to find it or having thought 'let me search the tinternet' Mr ipaq just happens to know the exact specification he's after 'NIJ Level III-A's', which also features on the website jmj supplies, INSTEAD of Mr ipaq just asking 'I need some bloody good body armour pronto, any ideas?'

3. Mr ipaq's a walt, found the site for himself, and is just trying to convince all the good arrsers that he's not a 12 year old sea cadet.

Answers via email to: Ireallycouldn'tgiveastuffeitherway.yahoo.com

5. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

What a suspicious mind you have..
    But now you mention it.. psssst... wanna buy some body armour? lightly used, only a few blood stains on it.

:D

J

6. Try Spymaster in London. I think they are in Portland Square, just behind John Lewis on Oxford Street. Wasn't sure what they would be like; thought they would be either very good or very bad. They are of the former. My wife, who is a police officer was in the market for some covert body armour as her Constabularly were not going to issue it. Found the staff very knowledgable and I believe they provide for a lot of the press. They have stock stuff and made to measure and will pull out the stops to be helpful. Hope this helps.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I have exactly that (or it might be II-A) (proof against 9mm) with your chosen ceramic plates (proof up to 7.62 short) sitting in its bag in my basement. Cost me around 1,000 quid, will sell for reasonable offer.

I also have Brit DPM dessie and temperate outer for your chosen theatre of ops.

Any interest?