Body armour

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mattyw, Jul 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

Body armour

Afternoon,
    When it comes down to body armour it is a hot topic as at the moment it is more protection = more weight.
    So I ask you what would you have?
    1. More protection but sacrifice mobility
    2. Less protection and gain mobility

2. Such a simple, yet informative topic. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.................

3. I want one of those suits out of that game Halo where it gives you a shield but also enables you to jump higher and run faster. I think they're air conditioned as well.

4. Dish dash and flip flops is by far the best protection. Every cunt I shot at wearing it just bimbled off after brassing me up.

5. People are going to shoot at me? No one mentioned that in basic!

6. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If only you had an SLR...

7. If only I could shoot straight!

8. The RAF use those I think. We call them aircraft.

9. With the SLR you didn't need to shoot straight. The deafening report was often mistakenly believed to be God's own furious vengeance by anyone within earshot. In fact, in several cases they perished from dehydration after immediately, repeatedly sh*tting their pants.

10. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

SLR: The Chuck Norris of the firearms world.

11. As in totally passed it and a figure of ridicule?

12. No old bean, that would be the SA 80 A1 that you be thinking of.

Tam

13. Yep. I did start my army career with an SLR. In fact I remember hitting the 600m targets regularly on the APWT. Couldn't do that with the A2.

14. X59

X59 On ROPs

The most effective use of body armour is to cover the arrse of those responsible for putting you in harms way in the first place.

15. Was the SLR ever used with optics? I can't even see a target at 600m with my eyes!