Body armour

I'm curious as to the thoughts on this, where you're getting it and what you're paying. (Feel free to keep as much of it off the boards as you want and in pm though.)

As I see it there's osprey, defender and dragon skin.

I've actually been chatting Murray Neal of Pinnacle. But he's going to say DS is superior to those anyway, obviously.

So I want your thoughts?

TonyPercy said:
I'm curious as to the thoughts on this, where you're getting it and what you're paying. (Feel free to keep as much of it off the boards as you want and in pm though.)

As I see it there's osprey, defender and dragon skin.

I've actually been chatting Murray Neal of Pinnacle. But he's going to say DS is superior to those anyway, obviously.

So I want your thoughts?
OPSEC........ so we'll just PM you the 'CLASSIFIED' information 8O

Z

Zarathustra

I make my body armour from bits off old tin cans and then get my mum to make a cover out of old curtains

crow_bag said:
I make my body armour from bits off old tin cans and then get my mum to make a cover out of old curtains
Same here. Imagine my pride whilst patrolling Sangin in the only Scooby Doo covered bean can CBA.

While not wanting to give anything away, I wear two american car doors, one on my front and one on my back. I have seen loads of films and programme that prove nothing can shoot through American car doors! :D

Indeed.

(And the pm point was in case journalists are reading, as ever.)

My question is leading to whether the best kit is being issued, and if not, whether I can get you better.

And the best way of getting to that answer is establishing what and if people are buying other kit.

TonyPercy said:
Indeed.

My question is leading to whether the best kit is being issued, and if not, whether I can get you better.

And the best way of getting to that answer is establishing what and if people are buying other kit.
Of course they are not, because for very good reasons YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR IT.

kn0b

TonyPercy said:
Indeed.

Thanks, but mind your own business.

I gather quite a few blokes cut out body armour shapes from old roll mats, and replace the actual inserts.

Sooo much lighter.

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
As someone who never got issued body armour when playing soldiers - we instead got a matching spade, shovel and pick axe and were allowed to dig as many holes as we liked in the surrounding landscape.

What level of armour do those expert in such matters do you think is prudent and feasible in hot weather climates?

The question to ask the human rights man is:
"What do you know about body armour?"

I strongly suspect the answer is sod all.
Go back to chasing ambulances.

TonyPercy said:
Indeed.

Are you really that illiterate? or are you a cambridge graduate journo/human rights pest putting up a smoke screen?

i have been manufacturing body armour for seven years; im former Glosters/RGBW.
my company is called Intelligent Armour Limited; we supply to the FCO, HMRC, DFID and a number of other agencies and close protection companies.

Our "best" armour by far is our tactical dyneema armour and AK47 stopper plate. alone both are NIJIIIA (the plate will stop AK47 AP rounds at point blank range.

this vest is lighter than Kevlar by over 1/3 and the cost is only a little more.

anyone interested in seeing it - www.int-int.biz