Body Armour works!

Wow, bet that tickles, good drills in getting straight up and hiding his ass behind the vehicle. Bet his heartrate went up a bit!!!

OS

If a British soldier wanted to buy his own body armour like that the Americans have, would he be allowed to wear it? Or is there are good argument for the lighter version? :?:

Good for him, he gets shot and jumps up and has his weapon up in the shoulder.... good to see their kit works, lets hope our guys who need that level of protection get it ..... pity that him treating the man who tried to kill him did not get in to the news....

Good job he was a good shot, even over that short range. Lucky tw*t sprang to mind on seeing the vid.

Where did you read that US Body armor weighs 50lbs? One of you was nearly correct when you said it weighs about half that. It WILL stop a 124gr 9mm FMJ round WITHOUT the SAPI plates. You'll hurt like you've been run over by a minibus, but you'll live. There are better plates out there available commercially. If you're interested in buying some before your next OP, PM me with proper creds and I'll point you in the right direction.

A trauma plate there is a photo of it in one of the links allways used to joke with the locals that we knew iraqs were good shot
s as our plates are tiny . At least one squaddy has aquired a American body armour shouldnt have been left in back of a humvee.

The reason I asked if the chest armour shown has a trauma plate is that in this last week I watched a US prog, Discovery channel, where a yank 'Inventor' is demonstarting his Body armour, wholey Fiber.
He holds an automatic pistol Upside down and useing his thumb squeezes several rounds into the Jacket at point blank range.
I was VERY suspicious to say the least.
I remember the tale from NI of the two guys on Guard and one eggs the other to shoot him with his SLR on the trauma plate saying it wouldn't penetrate.
The urban myth said it did not penetrate but did stop his heart.
john
Apologys or spelling as I am now being picked up by switched on bored members.

Highway said:
If a British soldier wanted to buy his own body armour like that the Americans have, would he be allowed to wear it? Or is there are good argument for the lighter version? :?:
There's a bloke out here with his own body armour, and he has been told in no uncertain terms that he is not to wear it.

msr