Body Armour works!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Plant-Pilot, Jul 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Story and video here

I know we've just lost thre Staffords in an IED blast, but there is a story here of a US medic getting hit and surviving because of his body armour.

The page has a link to a video of the incident taken by the insergents who took the shot, and it looks, by the way the soldier drops, that it was a good shot. You'll be amazed at how quickly he gets back up and scoots arount the back of the Humvee, with the insergents doing the traditional "Allah Ackbar" chant in the background. If I was the insergent, I'd wonder who's side Allah was on if his enemy is that 'bullet proof'.

2. KINELL!!

That must be reassuring for the troops...Providing they've been issued one that is!

3. Yes, that was very much like my first reaction when I saw the video.

4. jeeeesus mary and joseph.........good lad!

5. I'll bet he needed a change of skiddies tho!

Shame he never noticed the tw&t with the video camera...........that would have made good footage.........as he emptied a mag into him.

6. i noticed he wasn't looking at his arc of fire, instead he is looking at the ground, still one lucky bugger and a happy family back in US.

7. The shooting team were hidden in a van. Same MO as the snipers in America last year.
    The spotter says:

"Let him walk more into the front so when you shoot him it will be a good shot . Then after the shot he says: shall I put the stuff away? The other guy says no. Then the first guy asks: did he fall? Yes, yes he fell ...

Here is the soldier own pictures of the plate and his chest.

http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFAAAAJQGkTjtQTFK9oOOCCeOr9v3o3ctAbwcvJp7o5cQkJoJ5WU6Dg

http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFAAAAJUGpTi65Ijxc3AOKMkff

http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFAAAAJMGfTjwhWBG2Mdj2kBoN4EeZA26oWspFYsvy3NqjE1GsYZcYA

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

New Lodge, Belfast 1993 - Moose on patrol hit in chestplate of his body armour by ak47 round, he then took part in the follow up and captured the weapon which had been used to murder a Guardsman earlier, he swears by body armour :mrgreen:

9. What did he hit him with a air-rifle?

10. ......and the accuracy of the sniper. That would have been straight through the heart if he wasn't armoured.

11. I don't think you'd be too cocky if they were taking a pot shot at you now would you? :wink: I know I wouldn't.

12. This works now .. I hope

no it dont

13. His QM will probably be a cnut and charge him for a replacement because the damage to the vest was not "fair wear & tear".

Imagine sending that vid back to your family. "Hi mum, look what I did today!"

14. 8O fookin ell!! lucky barsteward!

kinda off topic but its rather amusing that we have google ads on this thread for ....

Body Armour UK
    Retailer of bullet & stab proof vests and jackets. Special deals.

*pmsl* :D

xxx