Body armour saves soldier's life in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Just like to point out that he is not 'from' the 1st Bn. He is attached 'to' the 1st Bn - the blokes a 2nd Bn Ranger!!
  3. Great body armour link, reminds me I must get myself a tactical belt and sunglasses!

Or maybe not.
  4. What kind of bullet is that?
  5. I asked the same question on the other thread about this - looks like it's got a depression / hollow-point tip but hasn't deformed like you'd expect such a round to do.

Can anyone post the pic to let the gun-geeks see it?
  6. Looks like a standard 7.62
  7. My assumption is and the most likely too, unless it had some weird ricochet is that’s the back end you're looking at
  8. Can some Mod please merge these threads as I'm getting ******* dizzy and may well end up replying to my own post.
  9. Indeed, I fully concur with the previous poster.
  10. Here we go good sir,

RangerBoydbullet (Small).jpg
  11. Feck me,he could catch something nasty with fingernails as filthy as them,take his name evil flesh :)
  12. Freedom

In answer to your other post you could assume that the distortion is the result of the round stopping suddenly when hitting the plate.

I'd hope it was one of theirs and not one of ours, you'd find at close range the 7.62 would have probably passed straight through the plate, and if it was FF from a distance he’s very lucky man.
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

He's holding the pointy bit. The round doesn't look like 7.62Sovblok though
  14. I was under the impression that AK ammo was (at least originally) copperplated steel, which I don't think would have deformed like that, even though it looks to have struck at a quite shallow angle.