bodies return home to Kinloss / BBC Coverage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bodies of 14 servicemen killed when an RAF Nimrod crashed in Afghanistan have arrived back at the plane's home base at Kinloss.

Well done to the BBC News 24 for showing the full coverage of the ceremony. Channels such as Sky only gave 10 or so minutes.

[​IMG]

2. Sky are showing the whole thing live now

3. God rest their souls, one and all (and this from me, the committed atheist).

4. They missed quite alot out though, they have to get there ads in!

5. A sad day indeed. RIP lads.

6. Good effort to BBC news 24, full coverage and suitable commentary

7. I cannot beleive that the bodies will be going back to Brize Norton for formal identification!, surley this can be done at Kinloss.

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Interesting to note from the BBC report that the Duke of Edinburgh and senior RAF officers were there - no mention of Swiss Des, Ingram or other ministers.

9. I also noted that - if any government representative was there and was so junior that they were not even worthy of a mention then that's an insult to the families. Saying that, I'd not want any member of the Cabinet's gurning face near me at any time, let alone at a time of grief. If the government had ever shown any real sensitivity regarding anyone else's feelings, then I'd say that they'd done the decent thing, but it's more likely that they were afraid to face the raw emotions of the military family lest they be taken to task and embarrassed.

Absolute monarchs and their courts used to like to be shielded from the reality of the countries they governed. They have much in common with the Celestial Navigator and his unsavoury crew...

10. Brown was in attendance with the Duke,he was with the families in the marquee,according to sky.

11. RIP

12. Good that they reported it considering the poor print coverage of the return of the 5 guys yesterday into Brize. :x

Seems that doping allegations of ponies is more important for some print journos. :?

Well done the Beeb (and Sky). ABout time the country started acknowledging what has been given up by some in the nmae of the populus who voted for Teflon Tony and his cronies.

They shall grow not old,
    as we that are left grow old;
    age shall not weary them,
    nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun
    and in the morning,
    we will remember them.

We will remember them.

13. Just what i was wondering! Would the politico's even have the balls to turn up and show any respect they had for the men that they sent out? What a surprise, they didn't!

14. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Well done Sky on the reporting of this sad, sad event. As usual, done with the upper most dignity, respect and demonstrates to the families how important their lossed loved ones are to the Services.

Never to be forgot. RIP

15. Welcome Home fellas, The bar is well stocked up there, fill your boots. RIP