Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bobby Sands

mistersoft said:
Link

Bollox from across the pond

Just thought i would share with you what i sent to that B*llocks web site:

"Have you asked yourself why he was in prison in the first place?? He was a convicted terrorist. Would you feel the same way if one of the terrrorists who caused 9/11 were in jail now on hunger strike.

They were murderers, just like bobby sands. Why should the government give them special privlages as political prisoners???? Bollocks. You don't say anything of the sort about the prsoners interned at Guantanamo Bay, do you ???

And another thing,

You are not irish

you have never been to ireland

you are not from here

i don't really care if your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, Auntie decided to come over to septic land to escape the potato blight,

you are not irish

Nuff said "

Do you think it is wise to read threads like this when i have had 12 pints??

I thought not 8s

;)

You know, how can he have smeared s h i t around his cell when he ate nothing for weeks?

I reckon s h i t was smuggled to his cell!

Oh, I had 2 Kebabs tonight, or this morning and they were nice!

Themanwho said:
Anyone remember the words to "Can ye do a chicken supper Bobby Sands"?

Can ye do a chicken supper Bobby Sands
Can ye do a chicken supper, You dirty finian fcuker.

Would you like a tin of coke to wash it down
Would you like a tin of coke i hope you fcukin choke

HE's DEAD!!!!

As i remember it

I think this thread is in very poor taste. Fancy slagging off a man who was posthumously awarded the title Belfasts' Next Top Model. Especially since he missed out on a spot in Survivor- Northern Ireland.

Rumour has it they were crying out to eat, but their 'Commanders'' men wouldn't let them take the food that was left for them. They were sacrificed for the cause by men who now wear expensive suits to not represent their followers in Westminster.

More doughnuts for cnuts like me though!

Who can forget the aftermath before the death of the prisoners. Friends and family were trying to smuggle food in but they kept getting caught. Security was very tight but in the end we managed to get some food in and we all had a good nosh up. I would like to personally thank Jock's Aunty Moira for her Dundee Cake, it just melted in the mouth.

Friends and relatives of the prisoners were caught smuggling food out and one ingenious soul had poured the deep pan fried water down his trousers and was trying to disperse it round the exercise yard. We only found that out later, at first we just thought he had a serious bladder problem. The prisoners still got exercise even though they were now very weak. I think it was Clubber who tied some string to Martin and it was fortunate that he had as a gust of wind took him up to a hundred feet and Clubber then showed off his freestyle kiting skills.

As previously mentioned, the prisoners died and a clear up process started. The cells were very messy but Philomena and May made a good job with a couple of buckets of Domestos and water. Even the germs were dead now. The clothing was taken by Billy as his son had an Action Man and they were almost a perfect fit.

The bodies had been taken away for post mortem, it was quite easy, they all fitted in the one body bag. The post mortems were carried out and the bodies were released for burial. Most fitted in a large brown envelope and Parcel Force made sure they were delivered within a fortnight. Because Bobby was an MP, he somehow got into the parliamentary postal system and was filed three times before his remains ended up in Droitwich. The mistake was instantly rectified within a week and the shoebox arrived at the family after three weeks.

The Milltown Cemetery had been booked for the funerals and heavy surveylan,surviel, there was somebody watching. I remember seeing Gerry Adams looking drawn but then he left the artist's studio and went to the funeral. Martine Mc Guinnnesss was also there representing the Derry Brigade. Derry is a small Catholic town just outside Londonderry and just over the border. Other republican bigwigs were there, Joe Mahey, Joe Cahill, Joe Maskey, Joe Kelly and Sean Bean.

The coffins were lashed down to prevent them blowing away and the Irish tricolour flew over the cemetery. It was a cold day as plenty of black gloves were being worn or were placed on top of the coffins which also stopped them blowing away. Suddenly from the crowds appared a lone gunman carrying a Hermatite AK47 and he let off five rounds after three stoppages and the barrel falling off once. It was very moving and the serveil, servweil, the watching team moved as the meter had run out and nobody had a ten pence coin.

One by one the coffins were laid to rest and a queue of people paid their last respects throwing a handful of concrete on the coffin as the wind kept getting underneath and there was a risk of them ending up on the Donegall Road. The Irish national anthem was played but it was a very scatched copy of the U2 classic and to this day nobody seems to know what has no name. Adams spoke of their sacrifice but was seen leaving the cemetery rubbing his hands together as he seemed to have forgotten his gloves. "That's got rid of those barstewards" was also attributed to him but that can't be corrober, corobber, nobody is actually sure.

So the Maze returned to normal, people still kept getting lost and one actually died of starvation after getting trapped but there were no political motives as he was apparently a Liberal supporter. I often go back to the Maze and gaze over the large expansive gardens and wonder what drives people to make such sacrifices but then I'm pulled back to reality as I realise they were republicans and scumbags. The ironic thing that came out afterwards was that Sands had written one of his crappy poems and the line 'I think we should have a hunger. Strike today.' was taken out of context as he had forgotten the full stop.

An irony and the need for an emphasis on good punctuation.

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
Walter House
Walt-on-Thames
England

ViroBono said:
Has anyone else noticed that the paintings of the slimming team on the Divis flats all look like Cilla Black?

And there's a lorra lorra lorra paintings.

Thought that as well, thought it was a good likeness.

Of Cilla

There is a rumour about the packing used in Sands corpse after the post mortem,something to do with flags, badges etc :twisted: ,is it true? I couldn't possibly comment. :wink:

IrishDoris said:
mistersoft said:
Link

Bollox from across the pond

Just thought i would share with you what i sent to that B*llocks web site:

"Have you asked yourself why he was in prison in the first place?? He was a convicted terrorist. Would you feel the same way if one of the terrrorists who caused 9/11 were in jail now on hunger strike.

They were murderers, just like bobby sands. Why should the government give them special privlages as political prisoners???? balls. You don't say anything of the sort about the prsoners interned at Guantanamo Bay, do you ???

And another thing,

You are not irish

you have never been to ireland

you are not from here

i don't really care if your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, Auntie decided to come over to septic land to escape the potato blight,

you are not irish

Nuff said "

Do you think it is wise to read threads like this when i have had 12 pints??

I thought not 8s

;)

12 pints doesn't seem to have harmed your logical thinking or your excellent opinions.

Potato blight, huh.

Let them eat chips.

invisiblehelper said:
Mistersoft, thank you so much! I am typing this with my tongue as my colleugues have put me in a straight jacket cos I could not stop laughing.
On a historical note.....hurumph, rhubarb, rhubarb. I noticed, in earlier posts referral to "Tims". Did you know.. that the word Tims, and the extended version the "Timaloys" (various spellings known) comes from the name of the "leader aff" of a Glasgow gang called Tim Malloy. His gang was called the "Norman Conks" (from Norman Street) and was set up of , mainly catholics. The purpose of the gang was to combat the rival, mainly protestant, gang the "Billy Boys" whose "leader aff" was Billy MacKay. Hence the term referring to battles between Tims and Billys and not, as is widely believed, to do with King William of Orange. (Though Billy MacKay was often called "King" Billy).
How does he know all this I hear you gasp? Cos my grandaddy had a pub in the East end and it was Tim Malloys' local (apparently)
Please tune in for next weeks enthralling piece of useless information!
You learn something new every day

Whether you wanted to or not.

Thanks IH, I'm a grest fan of useless information.

I'm training to be a political commentator.

RUCFOREVER said:
There is a rumour about the packing used in Sands corpse after the post mortem,something to do with flags, badges etc :twisted: ,is it true? I couldn't possibly comment. :wink:

I did hear that rumour myself. The prisoner's stomach contents were examined during the post mortem and no flags or badges were found, just traces of deep pan fried water. It was suggested that the bodies should be padded out to represent a normal body weight but this was against the wishes of the relatives as they had opted for a multi storey coffin system in balsa wood with imitation brass handles.

All personal effects were gathered up and put in a safe place ready and waiting for when eBay started trading on something called the internet. Of course I was not on duty all the time so something may have happened while I was off shift. Rumours still abound about the early demise of Martin Hurson. One in particular was that he had already ended the hunger strike and had actually choked to death on an onion bhaji. Of course his family deny this and an angry letter was sent to the Maze written on a poppadom. They said he wasn't a willing party on the hunger strike, he was just trying to curry favour with the rest.

Forensic tests were carried out on the cells but the forensic expert told me "It's all shite to me" and by that time Philomena and May had been through the cells with the Domestos and not much evidence was left. For what I saw every attempt was made to rule out any foul play. Because of the reduction in food costs, the off duty lounge was redecorated in a nice flock wallpaper and a new carpet fitted. The dartboard was replaced and the snooker table recovered. Recovered from a house in West Belfast as a relative of the inmates had stolen it on a visit. So all in all, I would personally say that they did not die in vain.

Apologies if I can't say more but some aspects are still governed by the Official Secrets Act and the SCUM have still not upped their offer.

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
Walter House
Walt-on-Thames
England

RUCFOREVER I was in girwood park, new lodge, at the time of the hungerstrikers dieing and the rumour was going round then could be some truth in it

I can confirm that the corpses were filled with insignia, from Heinz, Bird's Eye, Cross & Blackwells and others of their most feared nemeses (Nemisis-es? Fcuk it!). The scrapings of the guards lunches also went in, perhaps in a bid to prevent any claims of mistreatment and the withholding of food.

Whether you are for the dirty fenian republican filth, god rot and decay them and their sour, bitter foul memory or possibly against them, you can't help admiring the size 6 frock that Bobby was eventually laid to rest in. Oh, that was a shroud? Sorry...