Bobby Sands

#1
Apparently it's been 25 years since Sands died due to a hungry strike in Northern Ireland. This morning on the Today programme the BBC had people on saying what a terrrible tragedy it was that he is no more.

I am trying to be calm, but as a convicted terrorist he is one piece of crap on society that we are off without.

They were striking over their right to be political prisoners and therefore their right to special treatment.


I am sure he is enjoying the eternal fires of hell.


And breath...
 
#2
Personally I would like to thank Mr Sands and his late freinds for my Ford Capri,holiday in Spain and my first video recorder that year :twisted:
 
#3
We should consider ourselves lucky that, in this current political climate, that they chose to have the statue of the armless mother at Trafalgar Square, otherwise it may have been Belfast Weightwatcher of the Year, 1981.
 
#4
Anyone remember the words to "Can ye do a chicken supper Bobby Sands"?
 
#5
RUCFOREVER said:
Personally I would like to thank Mr Sands and his late freinds for my Ford Capri,holiday in Spain and my first video recorder that year :twisted:
Overtime can be a wonderful thing if you have access to it.
 
#6
fish-head said:
They were striking over their right to be political prisoners and therefore their right to special treatment.
These were rights they did not have, and did not get, because they were simply terrorists and criminals, and no more. Gerry Adams' drivel about Sands and the rest of the NI Slimming Team 'sacrificing themselves for the cause' is bollix. They committed suicide rather than seek a democratic route to their aims.
 
#8
He was never really a heavyweight in politics.

Especially near the end.
 
#9
fish-head said:
Apparently it's been 25 years since Sands died due to a hungry strike in Northern Ireland. This morning on the Today programme the BBC had people on saying what a terrrible tragedy it was that he is no more.

I am trying to be calm, but as a convicted terrorist he is one piece of crap on society that we are off without.

They were striking over their right to be political prisoners and therefore their right to special treatment.


I am sure he is enjoying the eternal fires of hell.


And breath...
Not everyone thinks like that seeThis :evil:
 
#10
GRFC said:
fish-head said:
Apparently it's been 25 years since Sands died due to a hungry strike in Northern Ireland. This morning on the Today programme the BBC had people on saying what a terrrible tragedy it was that he is no more.

I am trying to be calm, but as a convicted terrorist he is one piece of crap on society that we are off without.

They were striking over their right to be political prisoners and therefore their right to special treatment.


I am sure he is enjoying the eternal fires of hell.


And breath...
Not everyone thinks like that seeThis evil
Regarding Celtic Football Club.

The Club was founded in 1888 by a Marist Priest by the name of Brother Walfrid.

The rest was bollox and he's still dead.
 
#11
Or just to put emphasis on the bollox

Celtic Football Club was founded in 1888. Its principal founder was a Marist Brother named Walfrid. The Club had two principal aims:

The first was to raise funds to provide food for the poor of the East End of Glasgow, an area of the city that was greatly impoverished and had a very high rate of infant mortality.


Within the East End was a large Irish community and friction was growing between native Glaswegians and the new influx of Irish. Brother Walfrid saw the need for social integration and his vision was a football club that Scottish and Irish, Protestants and Catholics alike could support. A new football club would be a vehicle to bring the communities together and this was the second aim.


The Marist brother sought for the club to have both a Scottish and Irish identity and hence the club's name, Celtic, representing a bridge of cultures across the Irish sea.
 
#12
"Would you like to try a wee cool tin o' Coke, Bobby Sands?"
"Would you like to try a wee tin o' Coke?"
"Well you're not fcuking gettin one - I hope you choke!
There's a bed made in Milltown, just for you."

Twenty five years and still rotting in Hell.
 
#13
His phone number was 80808040 (ate nothing, for nothing).
 
#14
PoisonDwarf said:
His phone number was 80808040 (ate nothing, for nothing).
Just tried it, he's not in at the moment.
 
#15
Link

Bollox from across the pond
 
#16
Not all that bad though. I heard that a memorial scholarship had been set up in his name to send underprivelleged kids to.....ETON.

I'll get my coat.
 
#17
In the early 80s I saw a bit of graffiti on the Berlin Wall.

BOBBY SANDS - JUST ANOTHER BRICK

One of our khaki clad ambassadors had changed the B in BRICK to P.

A much more pleasing effect!
 
#18
Themanwho said:
Anyone remember the words to "Can ye do a chicken supper Bobby Sands"?
Or the words to the the tune of the Queen hit "Another one bites the dust" - you know, from Flash Gordon. Went something like: "Another one bites the dust. And Bobbys gone and Frankies gone and Patsys gone too. Another bites the dust." The boys used to sing it on patrol in W Belfast at the time if things were a bit slow.
 
#19
Didn't he have a brother?

I think it was Pendine or was it Camber?
 
#20
mistersoft said:
Link

Bollox from across the pond
Welcome to the American Irish. My first real insight into their attitude was moving from the West coast to the East and attending Catholic school near Baltimore in the late 70's where a large number of Irish-Americans also went. I don't believe any had ever been to Ireland but to a boy and girl they were anti-British to the core. Never forget one red-headed kid piping up on the subject of Northern Irleland and defending the IRA and how Catholics were second-class citizens there in his opinion.

I know at least two Bostonians in the Army, one was Irish the other Irish-Italian and shared similar anti-British views. A real mythology is/was at work among the descendents of the big wave of Irish that came over after the famine years and settled in the Northeast and who to this day have retained an anti-British attitude.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top