Bob, the FFL assassin, RMP, CIA Merc has admitted PTSD.

I don't usually bother with the Walt thing, but this requires ridicule

The incredible story of a British soldier who was trained as an assassin by the French Foreign Legion before fighting as a mercenary in the Vietnam War has been told for the first time in a new book.

Bob Rose, now 80, was born in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham in 1937.

As an unsettled 17-year-old he fled to the French Foreign Legion where he was trained to be a cold-blooded killing machine.

On his first mission he killed an Algerian rebel by shooting him first in the brain, then the heart, after watching him for six consecutive days through a rifle viewfinder.

Bob then served in the British Army's military police before signing up as a mercenary to fight for the South Vietnamese Army in the Vietnam War in 1967.

There he helped the CIA implement the controversial Phoenix Programme that rooted out Viet Cong leaders and claimed nearly 40,000 lives.

The horrors he witnessed, including watching his best friend's chest being blown open by a grenade, left him with severe post-traumatic stress which he now battles by practising the brutal martial art American Kenpo.

Here Mike Dunn, the author of Grey Wolf, recounts the remarkable life of Bob Rose and his ongoing battle with PTSD.

He strangely only has phots of him (we assume) in the Monkey's.
No FFL or sneaky CIA pics giving his steely eyed sniper of death look.

It's already been noted in the comments section that his 1rep certificate can be bought on ebay.

He must be an ARRSEr as his Walting with Confidence is textbook

He also shares a passion in Martial Arts as a 1000th Dan Black Belt in Nando's like the Baron Shortt

British soldier who fought as a mercenary in Vietnam | Daily Mail Online

He's Gen

Who you to denigrate his service? Where were you went the krauts bombed pearl harbor?

'Every shrink I've ever met made the same mistake – and it's one Harry would never make. They've listened to my story, looked me in the face and - no doubt feeling qualified because of the framed certificates hanging on their walls – they've all said: 'I know exactly how you feel'.
'I mean, where did they serve? Who did they kill? Have they ever been mortared every night, never knowing whether they'd be hit, or mutilated or blown to shreds at any moment? What horrors keep them awake?

That screams bullshit from a high vantage for a start, very few mental health professionals would say that, let alone every one.

I like the recommended stories.

recommended.png

'The Legion knew instantly they could mould me into a perfect killing machine. Someone who could take orders, no matter how extreme, execute them - and then come back for more without feeling remorse or doubt,' he says."

45E4F76E00000578-5043085-image-a-93_1509638936742.jpg

An emotional Bob kneeling at US wall of remembrance in Washington, where he found the name of his closest pal who was killed in Vietnam. Bob tried to pump his friend's heart after his chest was blown open by a rocket-propelled grenade

45E4F78A00000578-5043085-image-m-53_1509636023562.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
'The Legion knew instantly they could mould me into a perfect killing machine. Someone who could take orders, no matter how extreme, execute them - and then come back for more without feeling remorse or doubt,' he says."

45E4F76E00000578-5043085-image-a-93_1509638936742.jpg
An excellent picture showing the exact sort of stance you need. ..

To get all your fingers broken

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Clue to the veracity is in the following quote;

Mike Dunn, the author of Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf, one of the biggest piles of steaming bullshit that ever was.

The subject of two series of fake history also known as 'Hunting Hitler'.

Edit; Looks like this is a different Grey Wolf book that is mentioned.
Seems like there are now two piles of bullshit holding this title.

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I find that unnecessarily cruel, waiting six weeks before shooting that Algerian chap in the heart.

And there’s only one horror which could keep me awake at night. Happily I haven’t seen her since the night of the signing of the GFA

"His father was a member of HM Forces and half blood Native American. His grand father was Scottish and grandmother - full blood Northern Cheyenne, Native American."

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Harrowing stuff! I wouldn't be surprised if all the horrors he has experienced, and his PTSD has made him forget all the French he learned during his time in the Foreign Legion.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
An emotional Bob kneeling at US wall of remembrance in Washington, where he found the name of his closest pal who was killed in Vietnam. Bob tried to pump his friend's heart after his chest was blown open by a rocket-propelled grenade

There's a time and a place for that sort of thing.

Who really gives a **** hes in his 80s FFS some of you people have to much ******* times on your hands..................

Calm down...

Bob