Bob Stewart giving it large

Discussion in 'Bosnia/Former Yugoslavia (Op GRAPPLE, Op RESOLUTE)' started by jim24, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Bob Stewart just gave the tossers in the House of Commons a brilliant lesson on Kipling,Quoting "Tommy" it would seem that the "Future of the Armed Forces" debate is not going to go the governments way
  2. Technically he is one of them now. But fair point.

Sod all good it'll do, tho.
  3. Bob Stewart is a self-publicising pie-eating cock. End of.
  4. I take it you didn't enjoy your time as his Batman ;-)
  5. 'The treasury cannot be allowed to define £500,000,000 in defence in the exact equivalent terms as £500,000,000 spent on quangos and bureaucracy. The saving in defence of £500,000,000 will cost far more strategically to this country than £500,000,000 on quangos and bureaucracy.'

Sensible words, so sure to fall on deaf ears.
  6. You forget Adulterous, 'cos everyone in Vitez on Grapple 1 knew he was hosing the interpreter!!
  7. I count about 15 of them in the house. So, a debate on the future of the armed forces attracts 15 of them.
  8. Over 700 elected MP's and only 15 decide to show is a bl**dy disgrace.

If your MP was AWOL ask him/her why.

I intented to ask mine.

Time for a Military Coup.
  9. Where do you get the names of MP's at the debate, would like to see if mine was there and if not it'll be time to grip him.

10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Ditto. And this is extra characters so I can actually bloody post
  11. Bonking Bob never lets an opportunity for self righteous indignation go amiss.
    Sadly, he almost always kills the message he espouses.
  12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I'll add a link to Hansard tomorrow - won't be out until then. If you want to see quality Commons debates, look up the recent Afghanistan one. For one in which MPs try to defend the Defence Industry - where it's in their area - check out yesterday's Adjournment Debate. Links to follow when I get time :)
  13. So is their a way of seeing attendance of those who didn't speak but still bothered to turn up.