Bob Spour...Walt!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by carlbcfc, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A TELLY hardman who carved out a lucrative career as an SAS hero can today be exposed by The Sun as a FAKE.

2. By heck trigger, Its only been going on for a few months in the Naafi about him.
  3. ...... and to be part of a Regiment and make up so much utter shite is just as bad Andy!!!! :)

There will always be walts who claim to be ex SAS or Paras. Why isn't there any publicity when walts claim to be ex green jacket or kingo's?
  4. Your a victim of your own esprit de Corp, Fally. Walts want something 'special', the public think they know more on the the Paras and SAS and Marines, so for a Walt, its easier to get their victims to believe their bullshitting stories.
  5. Everyone knows the line regiments aren't as good and don't wear such colourful hats :twisted:

In all seriousness though, it's probably to do with the amount of books about their various deeds. It must make it alot easier for the walts to come up with their stories.
  6. Yes but he passed the required courses and has a DCM & MM, then to go on to become a multi millionaire...... good on him.

Purely because they are famous and everyone has heard of them with a reputation.
  7. Sorry about that, I did not notice
  8. Agree with you MDN, lets keep it in context. Much as 'McNab' pissed people off with his accounts and his inclusion of the manner of deaths to some, families do not want the graphic details a KIA is sometimes enough, he walked the walked and won his medals and they weren't off ebay.

Spour is a completely different subject, a cnut who has earned a lot of money off the blood of others. This one being an high profile person outing may cause others to think about there activities. Well done everyone, the next one I'm afraid is just around the corner.
  9. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Could not happen to a nicer Bloke, Now who,s up for my Ninja aware, Underwater knife fighting/bomb disposal Course and this will also include your Halo and long range sniping quals.

(Send £,s now to Hols 4 Heroes)
  10. because they're only hats
  11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Sick I thought it never wrote it!!!
  12. Would anyone walt it as a kingo?
  13. Nope, probably because they believe the Hype about the Paras, as much as the Paras do. :)
  14. *chuckles to himself*
  15. What hype ???