Bob Ross Watch

Good thing it wasn’t filmed in France as a fatwa would have been declared against this blasphemous infidel son of a rabid donkey.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I still watch the Bob Ross shows on either sky or youtube. Instead of Artist's oils, I tend to use Acrylics and have produce some pretty good results. I've seen his own brand brushes and equipment for sale and thought it hellishly expensive. I got the equivalent stuff for a third of what they charge.
I agree with the OP about his comment concerning sheds and random "happy trees". The man was obsessed by them! By the way, has anyone seen Peapod, the pocket squirl? I think the LSD was heavy in this one.

Peapod made a guest appearance at the start of the program a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if Bob was ever going to get on with the painting the way he kept going on about him. Seriously though, Bob just goes to show what can be achieved in half an hour if you know what you're doing. My missus can't stand him, which gives me even more reason to watch.

If you can find one of his painting keep hold, they go for quite a bit of money.

Peapod made a guest appearance at the start of the program a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if Bob was ever going to get on with the painting the way he kept going on about him. Seriously though, Bob just goes to show what can be achieved in half an hour if you know what you're doing. My missus can't stand him, which gives me even more reason to watch.
When I lived down south in a shared house, Bob Ross would be required viewing while everyone was getting ready for a night out. Not sure why, it just worked.

I read somewhere that quite a few of his paintings ended up in PBS stations all over the US.

Wiki maybe?
I'm sure I read that his works have since gone into storage and you cannot get an original Bob Ross.

He hated the the tight perm hairstyle but was coerced into keeping it as it was a trademark of his.
I used to watch him on Netflix when stoned. Compelling viewing.
He'd slap a blob of colour onto the canvas and you'd think "Awww he's ruined it" and shortly after with a few strokes of his brush a thing of beauty would appear.

He's disliked by the serious art community which makes me love the guy even more.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not to be confused with

1614788186597.png

A nicer bloke you'll be hard to find. His persona on screen was the same off it. Apparently in the last few series he used to wear a wig following chemo. His hair grew back but it wasn't the 'trademark' same (that's gen).

We got our little boy a Bob Ross painting by numbers kit last Christmas and were happy to do so.

It all started out so promising tonight. A misty lagoon with a backdrop of towering cumulus? No. ******* Shedsville TN. The horror. The horror.
20210303_200143.jpg

Just WTF? Those clouds need P-51s carousing through them. Wasted cloudage. Is that even a real word? It is now.

Ritch

LE
There was a thing on US telly a couple of years ago about the mans paintings. The reporter was a bit of a Bob Ross fan and wanted to know where all his paintings had ended up seeing as the great man himself is dead. It turned out that the paintings are mostly the property of the estate which is a corporate enterprise run by a couple of his friends and still minting coin in the name of Bob Ross to this day.

They must be making a killing as Bob Ross is all over in Washington state. Almost every shop you go in has Bob Ross merchandise.

Bought for me 2 Xmas ago.
A nodding Bob Ross that plays samples of his sayings and a small book of paintings to enjoy.

20210303_222023-jpg.554288

I chose a particularly "sheddy" one to share.

Attachments

• 20210303_221907.jpg
    20210303_221907.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210303_222023.jpg
    20210303_222023.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 201
I read an interview with him years ago.
He grew up in Florida, but served & lived for many years in Alaska. Hence the interest in snowy landscapes etc.
He also said he spoke like he did purposely, as it kept him calm & he spent 20yrs having to shout while in the Air Force & swore he’d never raise his voice again after he got out.

They must be making a killing as Bob Ross is all over in Washington state. Almost every shop you go in has Bob Ross merchandise.

The arty crafty shops like Hobby Lobby seem to stock a fair collection of painters tat products sold using his name. It always seems to me though that Bob Ross branded products cost 3 times as much and have a lower quality.

Ritch

LE
The arty crafty shops like Hobby Lobby seem to stock a fair collection of painters tat products sold using his name. It always seems to me though that Bob Ross branded products cost 3 times as much and have a lower quality.

I visited a little Bavarian styled village over there called Leavenworth and there was a couple of proper art shops - some really nice pieces in there. Bob Ross stuff was selling for more than some of the quality stuff. I also found Thomas Kinkade stuff was ridiculously priced too. A printed calender was $99!

When I first saw this ad a few days ago I was looking for the CGI and the black nasty joins. I am though informed the bloke is a lookalike.

That's clever. Mountain Dew. That stuff rescued me from many a hangover when I lived on US bases. Shame it's not available in the UK.

Last edited:
There was a thing on US telly a couple of years ago about the mans paintings. The reporter was a bit of a Bob Ross fan and wanted to know where all his paintings had ended up seeing as the great man himself is dead. It turned out that the paintings are mostly the property of the estate which is a corporate enterprise run by a couple of his friends and still minting coin in the name of Bob Ross to this day.
His son is also a well known artist.

I love to watch Bob Ross, always a pleasant half hour. Almost like an alarm call when he slaps the brush against the easel to clean it.

Latest Threads