Bob Geldof rages at BBC over Live Aid claim.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

A little naive to think none of the money was misappropriated seeing as it was Africa.

I'm working there right now for a well respected international company and the back handers going on has been a bit of an eye opener.

Full story in the Times.

2. I wondered when Geldof would pass comment.
    I don't know why anybody is surprised that lots of Live Aid money went toward killing off more Ethiopeans, Its the African way.

3. It always makes me laugh when these people chip in bucketloads of cash & nothing much in the way of improvement occurs.
    Apart from the senior members of govt suddenly ending up with nice holiday gaffs in the south of France & a nice wedge sitting pretty in a Swiss bank.
    Niaive fools. Homegrown charidees only for me & then only ones i trust.

4. Abso-fcukin-lutely. Glad I'm not alone.

5. Charity begins at home. I donate to the Forces Benevolent Funds, the rest of the planet can wait.

6. "Poor people in rich coutries giving money to rich people in poor counties" .. and that's apart from vast wodges of it going to buy arms to kill people. Another sanctimonious interfering do-gooder with blood on his hands.

7. Shock horror,,,,,,, money syphoned off and used to line pockets, buy mercs, villas and kill their neighbours.

FFS Bob get in the real world, its ******* Africa.

8. Geldof and Bono are tw@ts who think they know it all.

On a vaguely related subject, I got stopped by some "World Vision" charity muggers the other day. They asked if I'd considered helping them change the world. Apparently, their version of tackling the world's problems involves throwing my money at them, instead of actually doing something. When I told them that they were wet whinging wusses who didn't have the balls to actually achieve anything they looked quite hurt. Shame really, cos one of the lasses was really quite hot.

9. Same here.

Rodney2q

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm outraged at Geldof that Geldof is outraged at everyone else instead of himself for being so daft, and getting everyone to play along and give up their hard-earned wedge so a bunch of it could be used to enrich the least deserving: The aid firms, the African bosses and the war-lords.

11. It's laughable that this is coming as a shock to anybody, revelations like this have been bounded around for years.

If logic had prevailed then the money would have been spent on providing the materials to build a better future, instead I have a picture of Geldof in my head handing over a giant sized novelty cheque to the corrupt government scallywags! 'Don't you go spending it on guns now, ya hear!' :shakefist:

12. Drligaf

Spot on mate I am fed with people shoving tins in my face for poor people in foreign countries.

We have old poor people and young & middle aged poor people of all races and creeds in this country. Like the old couple couple that died over Xmas because no twats in power would help um.

Writing this on the train so that is my excuse for any typos's

Magic

13. So what percentage of donations actually makes it to those that need it I wonder?

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Thats on the money Magic, a far as I'm concerend charity begins at home. So its Hols4H and the RBL not sure about H4H though not overly happy with the way they let the one eyed bastard off the hook with rehab and retraining.

And my one civvie charity sight savers its only fair if your living in that shit hole called africa then you can at least see to run away.