Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bob Crow The Unions Brothers United

Whilst not supporting cries for public misbehaviour or indeed a Mega Union (with Messer Crowe at the helm - naturaly) I have to wonder what are the chances that some (or quite a few) members of society might just buy into his crap. Bear with me,

Average Joe finds out he is to be made redundant in 3 months time, Mrs Joe has an ok job that seems safe but they really need 2 salaries or the mortgage payments on the house are at risk. Along comes Crowe and tells Joe "BROTHERS - STRIKE, MISBEHAVE and the nasty Government will mend its ways and re instate your job". Does Joe (a) Start searching for a new job along with the countless others or
(b) Think **** it lets buy into a bit of Bob Crowe?

Not at all support for Crowe but we do have people in this country who vote for the guys a newspaper tells them to, how susceptible are they to his rabble rousing?

The cuts aren't going to hit the 90K Tree Hugging manager. They're going to hit the 14k classroom assistants. The auxiliary nurses. The admin assistants.

Mariner hits the nail on the head, I always stand aghast when the unions trot out the fantastically stupid narrative that putting people on the dole rather than in public sector employment would a. either threaten economic growth b. somehow cost more than employing them.

Which is wrong in so many ways, borrowing related intrest rate rises (and the loss of fiscal control) are an order of magnitude more damaging for UK economic activity than 750 thousand public sector workers suddenly ceasing in their purchase of fairtrade goods.

well after listening to radio 2 today it's all been explained, bob says it's our fault because we're spending £70 billion on trident, his own words nurses will be sacked to buy this. hmmm is it £70 billion and whatever the cost (govt says 20 bill, greenpeace say 100) it's the lifespan cost so actually it's yearly cost is less than the outrageous housing benefit annual cost. Also I could only listen for 5 mins and jeremy vine shot him down 3 times in the first minute, bloke is cock, i believe workers need representing, however these guys are all about self preservation. Anyone seen the mansion just outside london, on the golf course that is the HQ of one of the unions, roots touch and lost are words that spring to mind

The cuts aren't going to hit the 90K Tree Hugging manager. They're going to hit the 14k classroom assistants. The auxiliary nurses. The admin assistants.

Mainly because there's so few on that sort of money doing that sort of job (that's approaching director of commissioning money for most PCTs although a few pay more, my old PCT had only 5 people at this salary or higher, looking after a £600m budget), despite what the Mail would have you believe, so it's a drop in the ocean.

Indeed none of the PCTs anywhere near mine had anyone above a relatively lowly level (£25-30K and then as part of a much broader job description) doing anything like diversity, carbon footprinting or anything else pointless like that.

Far more savings to be made by cutting elderly psychiatric or general acute beds or the wholesale PCT culling going on presently, many of whom are clinicians designing services. 30% job losses are the average at the moment for a PCT.

I'm awaiting Ilech to come along and explain how The Unions actually work.As he failed to do this last week,despite my requests.
In a nutshell:

Unions pressurise management by threat of strike and actual strikes to:
-- be paid more for doing less work;
-- employ more of their mates in easy jobs ("union rules: I has to hold the screwdriver while Nobby turns it");

when this causes the business to be starting to look a bit dodgy and unprofitable, any threat of redundancy is met by threat of strike and actual strikes to:
-- employ more of their mates in easy jobs ("union rules: Fred has to bring the ladder but I has to hold it ");

when the business is now thoroughly tanking and looks as if it is either going to be ground up or shipped overseas, the response of the union is to threaten to strike or to actually strike to:
-- not to be fired;
-- employ more of their mates in easy jobs ("Terry from the Carpenters union has to drill half of this hole because it is in wood but I has to drill the rest because it is in metal").

Once the business has fully collapsed and been outsourced to China/India and the British workforce is now 100% unemployed, the union bosses can proudly state that they had ensured that as many people as possible had been employed and paid the most amount of money for doing the least amount of work.

Yes, they do this AND still find the time to fund the Labour Party with union dues. Aren't they incredible?

Latest Offers - Trailfinders
And this just came by e mail. Why would anyone fly BA when there is all this talk of strikes and so many cheaper foreign airlines.

Passenger numbers on BA aren't really being affected that much now as the strike is a busted flush, business travel has been increasing over the past few mths. There's only one union (BASSA), who seem to think that striking will get them anywhere again, and they have no support from the rest of the BA staff. Even BASSA's parent union, UNITE are rapidly losing patience with their comedy militant antics.

Willie Walsh has stated that even if they do try to strike again he'll run a 100% schedule using other staff trained to work as cabin crew alongside their normal roles and it's clear from the city that it and other investors believe him.

There are two hugely long threads on PPRuNe about this strike.

Far more savings to be made by cutting elderly psychiatric or general acute beds or the wholesale PCT culling going on presently, many of whom are clinicians designing services. 30% job losses are the average at the moment for a PCT.

Quite. And where are those NHS employes - the nurses, the technicians, the lab staff going to end up? The Dole. There's no (or little) private sector jobs for them.

I need a reality check? Really? Crow is a politician. Do you expect his behaviour to be any less reprehensible because he represents the left? Please don't be so naive.

Naivety,isn't one of my strong points,but it would appear you suffer from it,by actually believing anything,that comes out of Comrade Bob's mouth.

Bob Crowe's claim to fame is,he stands up and spouts clever crap to gullible people,spreading fear,and uncertainty,based on gossip,and innuendo,have you actually seen the governments plans for cuts,no you listen to the media pundits,who again haven't seen the plans,but need to say something,and generally come up with more crap,so where does that put you ?

Interesting that it's only the Public Sector unions that have really pushed the strike call,the same unions who,under Labour enjoyed a dramatic jump in membership,due to massive increase in non-jobs,to try and solve an embarassing unemployment problem in the North,and North East.

So I say bring it on,lets see if the unions are all mouth and no trousers,eh?

Whilst not supporting cries for public misbehaviour or indeed a Mega Union (with Messer Crowe at the helm - naturaly) I have to wonder what are the chances that some (or quite a few) members of society might just buy into his crap. Bear with me,

Average Joe finds out he is to be made redundant in 3 months time, Mrs Joe has an ok job that seems safe but they really need 2 salarys or the mortgage payments on the house are at risk. Along comes Crowe and tells Joe "BROTHERS - STRIKE, MISBEHAVE and the nasty Government will mend its ways and re instate your job". Does Joe (a) Start searching for a new job along with the countless others or
(b) Think **** it lets buy into a bit of Bob Crowe?

Not at all support for Crowe but we do have people in this country who vote for the guys a newspaper tells them to, how susceptible are they to his rabble rousing?

Hopefully they have remembered the "stick with me "merchants such as Scargill and lately Gilchrist who spout such shite then still receive their 80k a year+ benefits courtesy of the Unions.

If people are dumb enough to be taken in by these morons then do they deserve it ??

Time for the Government to finally smash the Unions and Labour along with them then.

There is a strong possibility that this just might happen.

Union Leaders are calling for co-ordinated strike action as a show of biggest industrial action for 20 years.Harriet Harmen is willing to support all legal strike actions.Sounds like labour and the unions are looking for trouble.

Naivety,isn't one of my strong points,but it would appear you suffer from it,by actually believing anything,that comes out of Comrade Bob's mouth.

Bob Crowe's claim to fame is,he stands up and spouts clever crap to gullible people,spreading fear,and uncertainty,based on gossip,and innuendo,have you actually seen the governments plans for cuts,no you listen to the media pundits,who again haven't seen the plans,but need to say something,and generally come up with more crap,so where does that put you ?

Interesting that it's only the Public Sector unions that have really pushed the strike call,the same unions who,under Labour enjoyed a dramatic jump in membership,due to massive increase in non-jobs,to try and solve an embarassing unemployment problem in the North,and North East.

Having worked for Southern, I would say he's spot on in this BBC article - especially as this company continues to push for 100% DOO trains:
Rail staff balloted over assaults on Southern trains

The RMT said there had been an increase in the number of assaults on Southern trains
Workers at Southern Railway are to be balloted for industrial action over a claimed upsurge in assaults on staff.
BBC News - Rail staff balloted over assaults on Southern trains

And your description of Bob differs from any other politician how exactly?