Bob Charters

climbing up to disgorge civvies to land, take off, climb up, disgorge civvies, wash rinse repeat. Hopefully they’ll go bust and it’ll be no more.
You fvcking heathen.

Out.

For those who know, understand and care: Bob Charters (KOSB/Mountain Men) died yesterday of cancer.

Get thee to Kate's Facebook page to leave a message of condolences and remembrance

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You fvcking heathen.

Out.

For those who know, understand and care: Bob Charters (KOSB/Mountain Men) died yesterday of cancer.

Get thee to Kate's Facebook page to leave a message of condolences and remembrance
Sorry to hear about Bob Charters. I was with him at IJLB. One of the stalwarts of the Golden Lions.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
You fvcking heathen.

Out.

I did not know Bob well but remember him from many adventures at Nethers.
The year is vague, 83 possibly? but it was the RAPA Championship and one of the teams named
Themselves 'Bob Charters to the Manifest'

RIP Bob

Sorry to hear about Bob Charters. I was with him at IJLB. One of the stalwarts of the Golden Lions.
I didn't know you were at IJLB? Oswestry? You aren't old enough for Portsmouth.

I did not know Bob well but remember him from many adventures at Nethers.
The year is vague, 83 possibly? but it was the RAPA Championship and one of the teams named
Themselves 'Bob Charters to the Manifest'

RIP Bob
I was on the Staff at Netheravon '80-82 with Bob Charters. Absolutely cracking bloke, well respected and great company socially. And Kate was lovely, also a well respected Judge in the sport at national level.

RIP Bob Charters.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

HE117

LE
You fvcking heathen.

Out.

Oh Dear.. another old face gone!

I knew Bob well back in the day, and did a couple of annual inspections on the Golden Lions when they were in the old camp at Glencorse.

RIP Bob..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@Sixty - you seem to be the only active Mod so could I ask a favour of you please. At post #377 the conversation moves away from the attempted murder by messing with a parachute to the passing of Bob Charters, who was one of the genuine good guys. Would it be possible to extract the posts referring to Bob and placing them elsewhere - they certainly do not sit well in a thread dealing with murder?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bodenplatte

War Hero
@Sixty - you seem to be the only active Mod so could I ask a favour of you please. At post #377 the conversation moves away from the murder by messing with a parachute to the passing of Bob Charters, who was one of the genuine good guys. Would it be possible to extract the posts referring to Bob and placing them elsewhere - they certainly do not sit well in a thread dealing with a murder?

Cheers.
Point of Order. There was no murder.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Sixty - you seem to be the only active Mod so could I ask a favour of you please. At post #377 the conversation moves away from the attempted murder by messing with a parachute to the passing of Bob Charters, who was one of the genuine good guys. Would it be possible to extract the posts referring to Bob and placing them elsewhere - they certainly do not sit well in a thread dealing with murder?

Cheers.
Cheers AY. Apologies: wasn't on much this week. I'll take a look at it now.

Cheers AY. Apologies: wasn't on much this week. I'll take a look at it now.
Apologies for deliberately drifting the thread.

It was but an expedient: I figured all the jumpers on Arrse would be watching that thread, so it was the quickest way to reach out to those who knew and loved Bob and Kate

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
I was on the Staff at Netheravon '80-82 with Bob Charters. Absolutely cracking bloke, well respected and great company socially. And Kate was lovely, also a well respected Judge in the sport at national level.

RIP Bob Charters.
Which instructor during your time there, took a bet that he could pack his just jumped rig in an incredibly short time and jump it? And did.

I remember the first jump, landing and in a flurry of arms and legs, yards of line and material badly stuffed in the rig.
Once at altitude, the rig was jumped, and failed, cut away.

On landing the instructor was approached by the chap who had made the bet, claiming the instructor owed £'s beer whatever because the rig had failed.

Steely eyed instructor replied that the bet was that I could pack and jump the rig in X minutes or under.................
......................not that it would work.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Apologies for deliberately drifting the thread.

It was but an expedient: I figured all the jumpers on Arrse would be watching that thread, so it was the quickest way to reach out to those who knew and loved Bob and Kate
And thanks for doing so.

Which instructor during your time there, took a bet that he could pack his just jumped rig in an incredibly short time and jump it? And did.

I remember the first jump, landing and in a flurry of arms and legs, yards of line and material badly stuffed in the rig.
Once at altitude, the rig was jumped, and failed, cut away.

On landing the instructor was approached by the chap who had made the bet, claiming the instructor owed £'s beer whatever because the rig had failed.

Steely eyed instructor replied that the bet was that I could pack and jump the rig in X minutes or under.................
......................not that it would work.
Can't remember the event.
It must have been my turn in the packing hall that day.
Give me a clue - initials.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I knew Bob well back in the day. Facebook page posted. RIP my friend.

Yes, Oswestry 66-68. A Coy.
Oswestry 72-74. Gds Coy, opposite the gyms and over the road from the cookhouse.
Only ventured near A Coy's spiders when using the stile going out and coming back in over the field at the back if I didn't have apass, late or otherwise.
Good times

Latest Threads