Bob Ainsworth. Go away.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Unknown_Quantity, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Please please please can this worthless sack of blood and organs be banned from ever appearing on radio or television again.

There are very few times that I am genuinly glad not to be serving but whenever this man is spouting his drivel I invariably become angry and am relieved he is not, nor is ever likely to be, one the people I have to call 'boss'.

His idiot style is an embarrasment to the forces and being in a position to talk to the public about forces issues makes me cringe.

I don't care if he is competent at other areas of his job, just GET HIM OFF THE AIRWAVES!!!

2. Just for you:

Attached Files:

3. Hardly inspiring, is he? I guess you've just heard him on The World at One too. Listen again http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/news.shtml?radio4/wato]here [/url]. The item starts about five minutes into the programme but watch your blood pressure as he pours scorn on senior military figures and other thinkers while spinning on about increases in defence spending despite the fact we are trying to fight wars on two fronts (three if you count the UK's domestic threat).

4. Dunservin, are you referring to the MOD as the domestic threat?

5. Okay, make that four then.

6. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Actually no, I hadn't heard him on The World At One, I just saw his name on another thread and felt the need to go off on one.

7. And whatever you do, don't read the Feb 08 issue of DefenseFocus because Bob's in the magazine.

8. Unfortunately no. IIRC, he does however have his nauseating mug imposed upon readers and his 'interview' takes up an entire page.

I feel sick just thinking about it...

btw, here is Bob Ainsworth inflicting himself upon the nation yet again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziTrlKAkn94

9. He looks like a child deviant.

10. he is the sort of bloke that George Michael would pick up in the toilet

11. Cor, you just would, wouldn't you?

[​IMG]

Step aside ladies, this one is mine!

12. He really is one of the worst of a very, very bad bunch.

The growling oaf of an unelected (In line with European Soviet Union practice) prime minister must have been desperate to appoint this clown - he is not even Scottish.

13. I wish you hadn't pointed me at the World at One and that interview, U_Q. My monitor is lucky to remain unpunched.

14. I did hear part of an interview at lunchtime with some clown who was talking about "the Marquee (sic) of Salisbury". Was it Ainsworth? And if so, is he really that thick or was he taking the p*ss? Perhaps he was loitering within tent (sorry).

15. Did you know he was a member of the International Marxist Group.
    Seems to have changed sides since his early days of trouble making!