Boat race protester ordered to leave UK

Trenton Oldfield, Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race Protester Ordered To Leave UK

Odd, isn't it, that a Commonwealth citizen who has a bit of a flap around in the water while a bunch of elitists play Ratty & Co last year can be told to piss off back to OZ, but we can't get rid of a hook-handed promotor and fomenter of religious and racial hatred is still here after ten years of trying to get rid of him...

tac
And your point is? If you've got a problem with Abu Hook Hand, then slot him yourself. Else shut up and piss off.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
S

Screw_The_Nut

But the Aussies won't bang Mr oldfield up soon as he lands, and do him on terrorism charges with the evidence they got when they pulled his mate Dave's fingernails out. Or will they.... hmmm...

He told the Guardian: "No one was expecting this. I have a tier one visa, as a highly skilled migrant, and I was sentenced to less than a year.
From an article in March;
Oldfield won’t be anywhere near the Thames this Sunday, he says. He will be too busy working. Since his release he has been “in the country first nations people call Canada”, protesting against new laws that constitute a “land and resource grab” from the native people. “Lots of fundraising, lots of films,” as well as protesting at the British museum where “stolen artefacts from colonial expeditions” are kept.
No regrets, says Trenton Oldfield, man who ruined the boat race

What exactly does/did he do to earn that visa?

Man is a prat, has a silly name and is in serious need of a shave, however he has been here for ten years,and is married to an Englishwomen who is expecting his child. Seems a tad excessive.

He should've been given the VC. I ****ing despise rowers - the swan-hating, duck-murdering bastards.

D

Davetheclown

Odd, isn't it, that a Commonwealth citizen who has a bit of a flap around in the water while a bunch of elitists play Ratty & Co last year can be told to piss off back to OZ, but we can't get rid of a hook-handed promotor and fomenter of religious and racial hatred is still here after ten years of trying to get rid of him...

tac
abu hamza couldnt wreck the boat race he kept popping his water wings when putting them on....

tac
I think a better example would be the Iraqi asylum seeker whom whilst banned from driving killed a little girl with his car. He has a right to family life' here seemingly. (yes I think that was the guy who also had a cat)
I have zero problem with convicted criminals being deported as long as its done irrespective of colour,race,religion etc If you don't want the punishment don't commit the crime.

It's even more amusing watching the RSA agonise about how a drone like him got to be a fellow, whilst obliquely failing to recognise that 95% of the membership are in fact likewise pretty unimportant to the productive flow.

Odd, isn't it, that a Commonwealth citizen who has a bit of a flap around in the water while a bunch of elitists play Ratty & Co last year can be told to piss off back to OZ, but we can't get rid of a hook-handed promoter of terror and fomenter of religious and racial hatred who is still here after ten years of trying to get rid of him...

tac
You object to "elitists playing Ratty & Co" - but hand-wring about someone called Trenton Oldfield FRSA??

Should our citizens not be allowed to pursue their lawful harmless activities without interference by posturing aquatic Fellows of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce?

Surely the only issue about deporting Abu Qatada was about the possibility of evidence obtained by torture being used against him in Jordan? It seems that that issue is well on the way to being resolved.

Presumably it is not being claimed that torture is routine in Oz?

One down about 15,000 of the loud mouthed Ockers to go. Why the feck my part of London has to be on their list of 'experiences' God only knows.

“in the country first nations people call Canada”
I'm sure an awful lot of people call it Canada too. I'm so happy Trenton's here, and I really hope he tries to do his fundraising and film-awareness campaign on a Friday night in a Northern Ontario bar right after Big Chief Deadbeat and his tribe have about a dozen scoops and a bottle of Listerine in them each.