Boat Race 2012

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Giancarlo_Badass, Apr 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Race stopped due to some ******** swimming in front of the boats. The ref has turned into a right cake and arse by turning the boats around and bringing them back to where they were!

2. The race favourites have surely now changed to Cambridge. With the extra weight and power, I know who my 50pence is on!

1.5 mile: 8.59
    5 miler: 40.34
    Pressups: 62
    Situps: 82
    BARB: 75, numeracy l2
    literacy l2
    Medical: cleared

3. Is there any particular reason that you favour the Light Blue?

4. pound to a pinch of shit the ******** was "exercising his right to protest"

5. Oxford lost an oar, Cambridge dead cert.

6. Yes there is, the reason I favor them is Steve dudek! The perfect example of a male.

literacy l2

7. They've got more oars.
    Edited to add: What a farce, Cambridge certainly profited from the initial incident. The restart gave them another go at 'their bend', they were started level when Oxford had been ahead and it should have been another restart when the oar broke. The umpire? A Cambridge man. Pah.

8. Brilliantly interesting race. Glad I watched.

9. Good of you to answer on Taylor15's behalf ;-) Interestingly enough, you've both offered quite different reasons!

10. I wonder who was happier with the delay; camebridge or the pub landlords?

literacy l2

11. Bloke without the oar could have been the second swimmer to disrupt the Cambridge boat if he'd been quick enough!

Could the first bloke not have been stopped before he got close to disrupting it? Bodes well for the Olympic water events?

12. Point well taken Sapper. There was enough people spectating.

literacy l2

13. Excitement not over yet. One of the Oxford crew is in extreme distress. Been lifted out of the boat and is receiving attention on a support boat.

14. All he needs is a mars bar and a can of pepsi

literacy l2

15. More to the point no-one noticed the passed out bloke for a good 5 minutes!