BNP soldier canvassing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Apr 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

See here:

New Statesman

Oh but wait, he's not a soldier after all...

Edited to add: thanks to Office_Linebacker for the tip off! :D

2. You can get arrested for that, that medal wearing walt was prosecuted and so shoudld this scumbag.

3. He wears it well though. Better than some Fatties I've served with :)

4. What a cheeky prick, dressing up as a soldier to help that fat sleazeball and the rest of the British Racist Party. I'll cut him some slack if his wife dresses as a naughty policewoman or traffic warden. Librarian at a push.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

How is he any worse than my local labour candidate who has kept his leadership of the LBGT group quiet from parents at the secondary school where he teaches?
    Now knowing public bodies there will be a password access only private LGBT forum on their intranet. How do we know what he is posting and more to the point who cares?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. A wristband is good enough for most of us ...

C_C

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The logic of this being? Some people like to keep their private life separate from their work-life but... I'm not sure what that has to do with this bloke dressing as a soldier - which he isn't - when canvassing for the BNP?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

My point is who cares, he may not be gay but pouts sorry spouts about them on his bio page but is thankfully quiet when at school. The other teacher who supports the BNP and is prosecuted by the LEA over political activity although were it a minority like LBGT then it would be a private forum funded by the taxpayer!
    Anyway there is no difference between them, both teachers both involved in politics!

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I think the point of the thread is to question why he's dressing as a soldier to go canvassing. If the reports of his other activities are accurate, I suspect he's been dealt with somewhat unfairly but not really relevant to this thread.

10. Perhaps because it's more impressive than dressing as an unfrocked woodwork teacher.

If I go canvassing, I shall wear full robes of state, a crown with a revolving beacon on top, and leather underpants.

That should appeal to the Law and Order, the Monarchist and even the LGBT votes.

11. Brighton then?

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Set the Feds on him! I quote below from the Uniforms Act 1894, which is still very much in force:

3. Penalty for bringing contempt on uniform.
    If any person not serving in Her Majesty’s Naval or Military Forces wears without Her Majesty’s permission the uniform of any of those forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform, in such a manner or under such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt upon that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear that uniform or dress, he shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding [F3 level 3 on the standard scale], or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month.

The Bold is mine - I can't think of much that is more liable to bring HM ' Uniform into contempt than this trick.

13. This quote had me in awe:

“How much longer must the public endure these unbearable hardships?''

Oh no sitting at home on their fat arses watching a 5 minute story on Sky News about some squaddie getting blown up is such a terrible hardship, I wonder how they bare it? Surely their job is the hardest of all.

Cnuts.