BNP manifesto

#21
Juvenal said:
On the subject of protest votes, what happened to the Monster Raving Loonies? Just as good a protest vote and less crazed than the BNP.

Cutaway, I've got no doubt that the majority of the population could be trusted with automatic weaponry, if properly trained. It's the minority that couldn't be trusted, plus those that would abuse the weapons and training that rules it out.
Monster Raving Loonies don't/didn't have the shock value which the BNP have if you are doing a protest vote IMO.

re having gats, hopefully those that are trained and trusted (the majority) would shoot the crap out of those who would abuse it (the minority ie Chav's). :wink:
 
#22
armourer said:
re having gats, hopefully those that are trained and trusted (the majority) would shoot the crap out of those who would abuse it (the minority ie Chav's). :wink:
Well, that sounds like a good recipe for social harmony and cohesion.
 
#23
Awol said:
armourer said:
re having gats, hopefully those that are trained and trusted (the majority) would shoot the crap out of those who would abuse it (the minority ie Chav's). :wink:
Well, that sounds like a good recipe for social harmony and cohesion.
Once the dust has settled and you've picked up the brass, yes it could lead to social harmony.....possibly....maybe....er....I'll get me coat. :D
 
#24
Let's not forget that the Nazis were voted into power by an electorate thoroughly hacked off with the more mainstream parties. The apparent attractiveness of some BNP policies is testament to the gulf that exists today between "professional" politicians and normal people. I have yet to see one of the main three parties talk about the problems that affect me in a way that I recognise. What I do see is a bunch of mainly lawyers who use language to lie to me without actually saying something that a forensic dissection of the actual words used would reveal as an untruth. I wouldn't have a leak in their general direction if they were alight. The BNP would be nowhere if todays politicians were not such a shower of useless clueless nobodies.

Their use of soldiers as election material is disgusting. They stand for an evil that this countries Armed Forces fought to eradicate. By wrapping themselves in the flag they befoul and dishonour it. And what is worse the cowards that we elect to Westminster accept this without comment. The Labour Party are by far the worst but I've not seen the two other parties say much.

We need to reclaim the Union Jack from the far right, it stands for freedom, equality and tolerance - not bigotry and hatred. When the concentration camps were liberated it was soldiers who wore the Union Jack who did it - that flag standing against everything that those places stood for. Yet now when the vicious bigots who wish to repeat those horrors use our flag as a symbol our politicians stand silent - or agree by banning its use.

I'm off for a walk around the garden now, I'm really rather annoyed.
 
#25
One_of_the_strange said:
Let's not forget that the Nazis were voted into power by an electorate thoroughly hacked off with the more mainstream parties. The apparent attractiveness of some BNP policies is testament to the gulf that exists today between "professional" politicians and normal people. I have yet to see one of the main three parties talk about the problems that affect me in a way that I recognise. What I do see is a bunch of mainly lawyers who use language to lie to me without actually saying something that a forensic dissection of the actual words used would reveal as an untruth. I wouldn't have a leak in their general direction if they were alight. The BNP would be nowhere if todays politicians were not such a shower of useless clueless nobodies.

Their use of soldiers as election material is disgusting. They stand for an evil that this countries Armed Forces fought to eradicate. By wrapping themselves in the flag they befoul and dishonour it. And what is worse the cowards that we elect to Westminster accept this without comment. The Labour Party are by far the worst but I've not seen the two other parties say much.

We need to reclaim the Union Jack from the far right, it stands for freedom, equality and tolerance - not bigotry and hatred. When the concentration camps were liberated it was soldiers who wore the Union Jack who did it - that flag standing against everything that those places stood for. Yet now when the vicious bigots who wish to repeat those horrors use our flag as a symbol our politicians stand silent - or agree by banning its use.

I'm off for a walk around the garden now, I'm really rather annoyed.
Couldn't agree more, absolutely right, but don't discount something just because it comes from the mouths of the BNP. Their 'manifesto' is intentionally a mixture of the reasonable with the obscene.
 
#26
Unfortunately "reasonable" statements are usually simplistic soundbites which do not stand up to detailed scutiny and questioning. If an opinion sounds attractive when you first hear it, always question the details and ask "can this work?". The reality is that when dealing with so many competing constiuencies no policy/government solution can be simple.

Fair-mindedness aside, I am incredibly angery that they co-opted a complex problem such as that of homeless ex-servicemen for their mucky little campaign. May they all rot in Hell!
 
#27
The fact that they are able to get any votes at all is an indication that as on-of-the-strange says, the greater mass of politicians and their parties - with the aid of 'focus groups' - don't really give a damn about the reality of their policies, just the fact of their being in office, together with the gravytrain of fabulous personal benefits it brings. New Labour was actually founded and came to power by this means.

When was the last principled Government? Mrs Thatcher's. The fact is that when scumballs like Griffin also lay their principles out for inspection they join the LibDems, DUP, SNP and Thatch in being honest about what they propose(d).
 
#28
One_of_the_strange said:
Let's not forget that the Nazis were voted into power by an electorate thoroughly hacked off with the more mainstream parties. The apparent attractiveness of some BNP policies is testament to the gulf that exists today between "professional" politicians and normal people. I have yet to see one of the main three parties talk about the problems that affect me in a way that I recognise. What I do see is a bunch of mainly lawyers who use language to lie to me without actually saying something that a forensic dissection of the actual words used would reveal as an untruth. I wouldn't have a leak in their general direction if they were alight. The BNP would be nowhere if todays politicians were not such a shower of useless clueless nobodies.

Their use of soldiers as election material is disgusting. They stand for an evil that this countries Armed Forces fought to eradicate. By wrapping themselves in the flag they befoul and dishonour it. And what is worse the cowards that we elect to Westminster accept this without comment. The Labour Party are by far the worst but I've not seen the two other parties say much.

We need to reclaim the Union Jack from the far right, it stands for freedom, equality and tolerance - not bigotry and hatred. When the concentration camps were liberated it was soldiers who wore the Union Jack who did it - that flag standing against everything that those places stood for. Yet now when the vicious bigots who wish to repeat those horrors use our flag as a symbol our politicians stand silent - or agree by banning its use.

I'm off for a walk around the garden now, I'm really rather annoyed.
Fcuking well said. The use of the miltary to gain support is an absolute disgrace. I wonder where the BNP would stand on a homeless black ex servicemen. Would they just chuck him out of the country along with the rest. Lets be honest the BNP are the biggest buch of lying tw@ts out there. They even make Bliar look honest. They try to tell us they are not racist but when they accidently hired a black DJ for their christmas do they walked out. A vote for these people is not a vote for the good of this country it quite simply showing disrespect for everything British service men have given their lives for conflict after conflict. We are here to defend freedom and democracy and this "political" party say this is only allowed to certain people. Doesnt sound like freedom to me.
 
#29
"...when they accidently hired a black DJ for their christmas do..."

Sounds like a puff for the latest Ealing comedy. :)
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#31
crabtastic said:
Whilst at some level I feel I should address your fetish for firearms that evidently extends well beyond what might be called a more healthy appreciation for a tool of the trade, I will instead venture so far as to say that we, as a country, might better spend our time and effort focusing on emulating the widespread distribution of Scandanavian pornography.
I regard firearms neither with adoration, awe nor any sense of eroticism.

Possibly a grave error in your upbringing or perhaps media/political disinformation has brought on your hoplophobia, but it will be exceedingly difficult to have a sensible discussion on firearms until this condition is cured.

Regardless, the topic was the BNP manifesto and I think we should keep generally within the subject although I am quite happy to continue this side issue elsewhere.

I see that by bringing in humour to the question you have sidestepped my question...... Are you presently in, or have you considered a career in politics ? :wink:
 
#33
Thebull140 said:
We are here to defend freedom and democracy and this "political" party say this is only allowed to certain people. Doesnt sound like freedom to me.
Neither is denying the BNP a voice just because a lot of people happen to disagree with them.
 
#34
Awol said:
Thebull140 said:
We are here to defend freedom and democracy and this "political" party say this is only allowed to certain people. Doesnt sound like freedom to me.
Neither is denying the BNP a voice just because a lot of people happen to disagree with them.
I never said anything about denying them a voice. Thats the whole point of democracy. I just feel it would be a sad day indeed for this country if any of these muppets were elected into parliment.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#35
spank_the_monkey said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Everybody trying to out PC everybody else. Typical of this site.
Slow weekend?
Just taking it easy as you do on a Sunday. Little break from the PC world of part time uni courses interspersed with little sojourns with the PC brigade of ARRSE.

I just love it when everybody gets on the 'They're NAZIs and I am not' bandwagon. It's like the 'I'm not racist but.....' thing that white people always feel obliged to say before they speak about blacks.

Like I said, everybody trying to out PC everybody else.
 
#37
The BNP is a wrong-headed and economically illiterate gang of quasi-Nazi dirtbags. Fact. However, they are politically quite astute and are taking the opportunity to triangulate those issues which the modern consensus deems undiscussable - race, immigration, State power and so on.

The fact that so many here find resonances in some of what this bunch of eejits has to say is troubling - not because the average Arrse reader is some sort of Nazi, far from it, but because it suggests that the political-media establishment is letting everyone down by excluding matters of real concern from popular debate.

Given that the expectation would be that there are few hard-line Totskyists or SWP enthusiasts around here, my guess would be that most Arrse members would be kind-of-wishy-washy Thatcherite Tories, probably less enthused by the EU than, say, Peter Mandelson, probably not that happy with high levels of taxation leading to no discernible change in State culture or improvement in the services provided, not overly keen on Big Government and probably generally in favour of a more robust defence policy and budget - so not that different from the default views of probably most of the population.

This is bad from the perspective of all parties, particularly Labour (which disagrees fundamentally with pretty much all of the above) and the Tories, who think they're fighting Labour for the middle ground. Add in the media, which have now become a political player in their own right and which have a specific agenda which is dictated by the need to make, as opposed to comment on, news and you have a recipe for the politics of masturbation, where the politicos and the media spend all their time playing with themselves and talking to each other and releasing nuggets of news and attractive soundbites intended to influence the handful of swing voters who will actually determine the makeup of the new Parliament.

The fact is that the parties and the media together are making no particular effort to address anyone who's not in a position to make a difference.

I'm not a political guru, nor, frankly, that keen to become involved. I have recently fended off an attempt to persuade me into political activism for purely selfish reasons - a. I've taken enough order from idiots, I'm a civilian now and I respected all my COs a damn sight more than I would a Chief Whip, b. I couldn't afford it and c. there isn't a party around which reflects my views on the need for small government and low taxation; however, viewed objectively, I and others like me (indeed, us, here) are exactly the people who should be getting involved. Once Nick Soames, Michael Mates and some of the truly principled people still around on the Labour back benches retire, who's going to be there to speak for the normal people? Ed Balls? Some Tory apparatchik like Michael Gove?

Edited for shite grammar. Media are plural, dammit.
 
#38
when they give me my assualt rifle can I slot nick and his odious bunch of thugs with it:)
sort of alternative red dawn scenario :)
 
#39
Glad_its_all_over said:
The BNP is a wrong-headed and economically illiterate gang of quasi-Nazi dirtbags. Fact. However, they are politically quite astute ...........however, viewed objectively, I and others like me (indeed, us, here) are exactly the people who should be getting involved. Once Nick Soames, Michael Mates and some of the truly principled people still around on the Labour back benches retire, who's going to be there to speak for the normal people? Ed Balls? Some Tory apparatchik like Michael Gove?.
Good comment, g-i-a-o. I'd take some issue with Mates and his choice of principled friends, mind.
 
#40
Biscuits_AB said:
Just taking it easy as you do on a Sunday. Little break from the PC world of part time uni courses interspersed with little sojourns with the PC brigade of ARRSE.

I just love it when everybody gets on the 'They're NAZIs and I am not' bandwagon. It's like the 'I'm not racist but.....' thing that white people always feel obliged to say before they speak about blacks.

Like I said, everybody trying to out PC everybody else.
Maybe it just reflects society - everyone so scared to stick the dick in the wind about anything that even possible might be non-conformist..

That is the problem with the mainstream parties, none of them stand up for anything much, so when the BNP poke there head up they get quite a lot of attention.

Lets face it, we need economic migrants (they all seems to come under illegal immigrants now a days, thanks to groups like the BNP), and that keeps the NHS and such alive - i do have a problem with illegal immigrants scrounging off the state, like i have a problem with some of the scrounging English scum who populate our larger cities.

In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king…
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top