BNP ID theft of Normandy Veteran

The BNP have used a letter written by a Normandy veteran calling for help to FIGHT the BNP, and re-hashed it as a letter of support instead.

If confirmed, this has to be one of the most bizarre and disturbing things I have seen in many an election

Linky

lewiscollins said:
The BNP have used a letter written by a Normandy veteran calling for help to FIGHT the BNP, and re-hashed it as a letter of support instead.

If confirmed, this has to be one of the most bizarre and disturbing things I have seen in many an election

Linky
No not most bizarre but most eagerly reported

I'm sure there must be some law against that. Cnuts the lot of them

I'm afraid I'll take it with a rather large pinch of salt.
The campaign against the BNP has so far proven rather underhand and I'm sceptical about much of the anti-BNP propaganda on the go at the moment.

Fezzick said:
I'm sure there must be some law against that. Cnuts the lot of them
AIUI copyright remains with the author of the letter so unless they have explicit permission it's one way to fight back.

jagman said:
The campaign against the BNP has so far proven rather underhand and I'm sceptical about much of the anti-BNP propaganda on the go at the moment.
But if it's true, will you condemn the actions of the BNP and call for appropriate action to be taken against them?

Whet said:
jagman said:
But if it's true, will you condemn the actions of the BNP and call for appropriate action to be taken against them?
I for one most certainly would. But I still haven't seen Sven/Whet/Ashie condemn the smear campaign against Gen Dannet though. I seem to remember a thread in which S/W/A (whoever it was) saying that there was no point condemning smear campains unless it could be proven that it happened. To my mind there's no doubt Labour did smear him yet the silence from Labour is deafening.

Oyibo said:
Whet said:
jagman said:
I for one most certainly would. But I still haven't seen Sven/Whet/Ashie condemn the smear campaign against Gen Dannet though. I seem to remember a thread in which S/W/A (whoever it was) saying that there was no point condemning smear campains unless it could be proven that it happened. To my mind there's no doubt Labour did smear him yet the silence from Labour is deafening.
My Bold

Then go back and have another look
:roll:

Whet said:
jagman said:
When the UAF get prosecuted for shamelessly using the image of a fallen Ghurka in an attempted smear eh Whet... you seem strangely silent on that one.

InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
jagman said:
When the UAF get prosecuted for shamelessly using the image of a fallen Ghurka in an attempted smear eh Whet... you seem strangely silent on that one.
Didn't think you would condemn their actions, you being an Uber supporter and all that.

As for your drivel, what are you going on about?

Whet said:
jagman said:
Apropriate action? What would that be then? Similar appropriate action as not taken against government ministers who lie and steal? Similar appropriate action as not taken against government ministers who carry out deliberate camaigns to discredit honourable people? Need I go on?

As for proving it true, I think it might take a little more than two highly biased political bloggs to convince me I'm afraid.
As previously mentioned, there is a concerted effort to avoid debating the issues that the BNP raise and this doesn't appear to be anything more credible than another smear atempt.
Prove otherwise.

Don't like the BNP? Fine, neither do I. But lets not try to discredit them with trivialities and smear because all that does is drive more people to vote for them, argue the issues.

Whet said:
Oyibo said:
Whet said:
jagman said:
My Bold

Nope. I can't see any post from you or Ashie or Sven condemning a smear campaign. I do, however, see a lot of your posts supporting a smear campaign by Labour against the former CGS.

If you can direct me to a post that shows otherwise, then I stand to be corrected. If not, then you are a hypocrite.

Oyibo said:
Whet said:
Oyibo said:
Whet said:
jagman said:
My Bold

Nope. I can't see any post from you or Ashie or Sven condemning a smear campaign. I do, however, see a lot of your posts supporting a smear campaign by Labour against the former CGS.

If you can direct me to a post that shows otherwise, then I stand to be corrected. If not, then you are a hypocrite.
Go back and look, Cad and you'll see that I said something to the like of 'if it is true, then it is not on'.

Whet said:
InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
jagman said:
Didn't think you would condemn their actions, you being an Uber supporter and all that.

On the contrary dogbreath... I condemned them regarding Johnson Beharry, I will condemn them unequivocally for this if it turns out to be true.

Still waiting for you to condemn UAF's disgraceful use of the image of a fallen Ghurka in order to smear them though... come on..or were you involved in that little dirty trick?

InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
jagman said:

On the contrary dogbreath... I condemned them regarding Johnson Beharry, I will condemn them unequivocally for this if it turns out to be true.

Still waiting for you to condemn UAF's disgraceful use of the image of a fallen Ghurka in order to smear them though... come on..or were you involved in that little dirty trick?
They used a picture to smear the ghurkas? What?