BNP criticised for selling replicas of Victoria Cross

This is from the Daily Telegraph, although the Sun seem to have had the story first. As the report says, the selling of replica medals is a legal activity.

BNP criticised for selling replicas of Victoria Cross

The British National Party has been accused of insulting troops by selling replicas of medals including the Victoria Cross for £12.

By Chris Irvine
Last Updated: 8:15AM BST 07 Aug 2008

Although not illegal, the Ministry of Defence has condemned the sales of the fake honours as "an insult to both he Queen and our brave personnel".

MPs similarly criticised the far-right party for exploiting the sacrifices of servicemen for financial gain.

Also for sale on the party's official website are replicas of three World War II campaign medals and a World War I medal.

The Victoria Cross is the highest military decoration for valour in the face of the enemy to members of the armed forces.

Under strict military rules, only armed forces heroes who have won the cherished medals in combat - or their widows - are allowed to wear them.

Tory MP and ex-Army officer Patrick Mercer called on Defence Secretary Des Browne to make the BNP sales illegal.

He said: "This is utterly shameful. Medals for gallantry and campaigns are absolutely nothing to do with any political party. The Defence Secretary should look at this to see whether legislation should be introduced to forbid it."

BNP deputy chairman Simon Darby however defended the party's action, arguing: "We don't get donations from dodgy foreign businessmen or the trade unions - so we raise money in other ways."

full story at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2514940/BNP-criticised-for-selling-replicas-of-Victoria-Cross.html

Erm, are these similar to the VCs for sale on EBay - with no-one having a go at them.

Hurrah for the BNP.

Maybe someone could send the BNP a list of all the recipients of the VC and highlight those one by black, asian etc etc etc - bunch of cnuts if you ask me (the BNP not the VC winners obviously)

The BNP-just as full of sh1t as other political parties, but with a 'left school at 14' education rather than Oxford, so you get all the lies without any brains...

Bradstyley said:
The BNP-just as full of sh1t as other political parties, but with a 'left school at 14' education rather than Oxford, so you get all the lies without any brains...
That's quite good for this time of the morning - Hear, Hear!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
filthyphil said:
Any political party worth it's salt knows the really big money is in selling knighthoods.
Now THAT'S funny! :D

The VC's are mere replicas; cheap trinkets, sold for £12 - that's bad enough.

The knighthoods are the real thing, sold for many, many thousands along with a great deal of political influence with the gobment of the day, and that my friends is fcuking disgusting, and makes even more of a mockery of what those who have actually won their VC's fought and died for.

So.. open the back of Soldier where all the ads are and erm... buy any sort of medal you wish??

B

BambiBasher

When you're bought a Peerage for yourself, a knighthood for your brother, damehood for sister, heredetary baronetcy so as to leave the son a title, you can get a plastic VC for that embarrassing uncle who finishes off all the drinks at weddings and then wets himself. Nice that nobody has to be left out.

Bradstyley said:
Sorry, which bit of the report are you saying that the BNP are lying about?

As has been said on here, other political parties sell things underhanded and illegal, but you would rather concentrate on something the BNP are doing that hundreds of others do and is legal.......

BNP'll make a killing selling to Walts.
Slightly off topic, You know all the Military collectable,History ect magazines,Well sometimes they give out free gift's like metal soldiers but I can never remember any of them giving away replica/miniature medals,not even foriegn ones.
Regards,
Spike

Bradstyley said:
Pretty sure that Nick Griffin was at Cambridge (got a boxing blue).

All_I_Want said:
Bradstyley said:

As has been said on here, other political parties sell things underhanded and illegal, but you would rather concentrate on something the BNP are doing that hundreds of others do and is legal.......
Sorry - who said they are lying? Lying about what?

rickshaw-major said:
All_I_Want said:
Bradstyley said:

All_I_Want said:
rickshaw-major said:
All_I_Want said:
Bradstyley said:

Are you saying the BNP is the only party not to lie? That'd be funny.

All_I_Want said:
rickshaw-major said:
All_I_Want said:
Bradstyley said:

You have quoted Bradstyley - not the report. Are you telling me the BNP are different to any of the rest of the plotical tw@ts we currently have to bear? They all say what they think we want to hear.

rickshaw-major said:
All_I_Want said:
rickshaw-major said:
All_I_Want said:
Bradstyley said:

You have quoted Bradstyley - not the report. Are you telling me the BNP are different to any of the rest of the plotical tw@ts we currently have to bear? They all say what they think we want to hear.
Unless that twat Brown says "I resign" or "I'm going to commit suicide" Then he isn't going to to say anything I want to hear.

rickshaw-major said:
Maybe the BNP do not say what they THINK we want to hear, maybe they say what they WILL do?

Maybe that is why they will never get anywhere, because contrary to what many people believe most of the electorate still do believe the lying LAB/CON/LIB tell the truth.

Under strict military rules, only armed forces heroes who have won the cherished medals in combat - or their widows - are allowed to wear them.

I thought anyone (civvies) could wear what they liked? Its not like military rules apply to them.