Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Scoots, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Could somebody tell me, is OPTAG training something specific for TA before deployment?

Also does it go through the entire BMS? I missed a few things in fieldcraft when I did my BMS and not sure what it was I missed as I was injured and was excluded from some of the activities! Want to make sure I'm up to scratch when it comes to doing the job for real!

2. Correction I mean CMS! Not BMS, doh!
  3. Wah shield on is my default setting.

No and No
  4. Not wah, just me not knowing my arse from my elbow I'm afraid.

Ok so the OPTAG does not repeat the fieldcraft elements of CMS?
  5. NO!
    If you are deploying to Afg and you dont feel that you are up to speed on such elementary basics as fieldcraft perhaps you should wait 12 months or so, just a thought.
  6. Thanks, that assures me this was a resposible question. I'm not deploying for some time, haven't embarked upon trade training of anykind yet.

Anyhow if that's the case, I'll make sure I can fill the gaps in unit. I'm really only talking a few activities I missed out on anyway.

7. In that case as long as it's not compromising opsec, can you tell me what does the Optag cover exactly?
  8. Matters that are theatre specific, not to be confused with the Old Vic. Your PSI will give you a good rundown.
  9. ok will do cheers