• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BMI

BMI of 21ish is healthy no probs there at all. Between 20 and 25 is normal I believe. I think you have to be over 30 before the army tell you "**** off fatty".

J.

I'm 5' 11" and 14 stone due to lots of weights through university. I'll probably be down to 13.5 st by January but there wasn't a problem when I did the AOSB.

CharlieBubbles said:
Many of the England RU team IF you follow the BMI are over weight, are they unfit?
Point taken but I think if you are posting on arsse saying "my BMI is like, 64 wil I be like, not allowed to do selection or wot? (ps itz mostly mussel honest!)" then you are probably not at the same level of fitness as the England Rugby Team.

J.

Personally I don't care what my BMI is, as it has been proven that it is ONLY a guide and there are better ways to prove weight and fitness to do a certian job, both under pressure and in the long term.
The Mod (RE) brought a test in in 73 when I was with 5 Fld before an Ireland tour, it was gym based and checked both your recovery rate, which is one of the bst guides and your agility / strenght, it seem to work very well.

Latest Threads