BMI index Charts

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cpt_Subtext, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys im having a little bit of a problem, Im 6ft 8 and cant find a chart that goes upto my height. Does anyone know where I can find one? Or how to make one using excel?
  2. Thanks guys couldnt find one with the correct height, wanted a chart to put on my wall not a calculator...... thanks though and im not lazy just pushed for time heheh
  3. **** I'm over weight!
  4. Obese here!!!
  5. Being overweight and being too fat are totally different.
  6. Its been discussed before somewhere on arrse, but using the BMI chart for bodybuilders (for example) claims they are dangerously obese. Stick the same man on a body fat analysis machine and you get a totally different result. In some cases the lads we were measuring had too little body fat.
  7. I am a fat Tw*t according to this, I am hurt.

Well I would be if I hadn't grown to accept it ages ago, it is all bought and paid for though.
  8. BMI. The biggest work of fiction ever.
  9. worked well in the 50's when it was first drawn up but now not really a reliable guide, all depends on how wobbly you are really!

I'm 6" short according to my reading!
  10. Thanks for posting the chart, now I understand why I have a permanent stoop; according to the chart, an inch of body mass equals (about) two pounds. Thus having a ten inch knob weighing twenty pounds equals a permanent stoop.

Thanks again!

/excused shorts
  11. Works for me, you fat, lazy, idle, wasters! :lol:
    • Like Like x 1