BMI drivel

People are forever asking about the BMI for the Army, just stop eating shite, start training fu**ing hard and lose weight. You need to be fit as ten men to survive!

if you post your vital statistics, height & weight here, we'll be able to advise more accurately

well ive already shed 3 and a half stone, and maybe two more to go, hopefully!! (yes i was a chunk! not anymore thou!)
im about 5, 6 and 13 and a half stone, i no ive got about another 2 stone to go, but wanted to have a goal in mind!!!

united_girl said:
well ive already shed 3 and a half stone, and maybe two more to go, hopefully!! (yes i was a chunk! not anymore thou!)
im about 5, 6 and 13 and a half stone, i no ive got about another 2 stone to go, but wanted to have a goal in mind!!!
And you've lost 3 and a half stone?

Goon Bde - check PMs.

Forget the requirements for the Military consider your health full stop. Currently, your BMI is 30.5, which means that you are classified as obese. Your ideal BMI should be between 18.5 and 24.9, which means that you need to weigh between 8st 6lb (BMI 19) and 11st 1lb (BMI 25)

CombatCarer said:
Forget the requirements for the Military consider your health full stop. Currently, your BMI is 30.5, which means that you are classified as obese. Your ideal BMI should be between 18.5 and 24.9, which means that you need to weigh between 8st 6lb (BMI 19) and 11st 1lb (BMI 25)
Do mine. 5 10 and 8 and a half stone.

A_Wandering said:
your bmi is 18.4
Does that mean I am dead? Or shall I just not join the army?

Why worry,according to the latest figures 3/4 of the England Rugby Team are clinicly obese. As has already been said,just get yourself fit!

BMI is very misleading....according to my BMI i am healthy, whereas infact, i am a fat fook....

united bird, if you can pass your BFT then don't worry....if you can't, consider the RLC or AGC

I suppose BMI may be more relevant for women as men can carry much more muscle which fcuks it right up. I'm classed as obese and i've got a six pack.

......... well i did before xmas. 8O

according to my BMI i'm beyond obese!!!...oh hang on a minute.....

Fallschirmjager said:
I suppose BMI may be more relevant for women as men can carry much more muscle which fcuks it right up. I'm classed as obese and i've got a six pack.

......... well i did before xmas. 8O
Did I wear you out love?

Can you send me photos of your six pack? Merely for (ahem) medicinal purposes. I won't show them to the girls.

Shall I join the Army or not then?

Sluice_dweller said:
No Snail ................we don't need your sort!
But I want to joing the army!!!

I really should stop laughing.

united_girl said:
Hey, just wondered if anyone out there can tell me the maximum BMI requirement for women, to be able to join the army?

i think the general rule with BMI is if its under 20 your too thin, if its over 25 your too fat. Theres a calculator thing on the NHS website.

Sure people know, the BMI system is b*llocks. Which is what my recruiting Sgt told me. I was weighed and mesured and the thing told me I was obese.

Because of this they couldn't push me through to RSC, because the computer told them no.

Like Fallschirmjager mentioned, BMI does not take into account muscle mass, which another thing the Sgt told me, they had boxers/martial artists sign up and were clinically obese.

Im not fat, Im big boned I tell you!

McVitie said:
Sure people know, the BMI system is b*llocks. Which is what my recruiting Sgt told me. I was weighed and measured and the thing told me I was obese.

Because of this they couldn't push me through to RSC, because the computer told them no.

Like Fallschirmjager mentioned, BMI does not take into account muscle mass, which another thing the Sgt told me, they had boxers/martial artists sign up and were clinically obese.

Im not fat, Im big boned I tell you!
Shurrup fatty. Are you telling me I am too skinny? I want to joing the army.