BMI basic training

Fizzle

Crow
Recently spoken with a mate of mine who said that he was over the bmi limit by just over a stone when arriving at phase 1 yet they allowed him to go through anyway. Is this down to recruiting numbers or....?

Starting basic on Sunday

Cheers

mrdude

War Hero
The fat lump will lose some of that excess poundage - due to long hours, lack of sleep and doing fitness (something he's probably not used to yet!).

Being fat is something people have control over - they've eaten more calories than they required, now he needs to just burn off the excess. You wouldn't keep putting petrol in your car if you never drove anywhere - so don't put fuel in to your body that you are not using!

Fizzle

Crow
The fat lump will lose some of that excess poundage - due to long hours, lack of sleep and doing fitness (something he's probably not used to yet!).

Being fat is something people have control over - they've eaten more calories than they required, now he needs to just burn off the excess. You wouldn't keep putting petrol in your car if you never drove anywhere - so don't put fuel in to your body that you are not using!
Cheers although you didn’t exactly answer the question

mrdude

War Hero
Cheers although you didn’t exactly answer the question
How the hell would I know? - I'm not an Army Recruiter & I don't work for Crapita. I see the news just like everyone else and see that recruiting is down for all the services. Most likely due to a mixture of things such as the current generation of snowflakes, better jobs, ex forces pensioners getting hauled to courts, no current wars or conflicts, crap accommodation and wages, gays being allowed to serve, the list goes on and on and on.

If the forces can't recruit - is it better to have a fatty v's nobody? who knows - one things for sure though - fat people can lose weight - you don't see any pictures of fat people in concentration camps - which is proof that lack of calories means lack of fat!

Fizzle

Crow
How the hell would I know? - I'm not an Army Recruiter & I don't work for Crapita. I see the news just like everyone else and see that recruiting is down for all the services. Most likely due to a mixture of things such as the current generation of snowflakes, better jobs, ex forces pensioners getting hauled to courts, no current wars or conflicts, crap accommodation and wages, gays being allowed to serve, the list goes on and on and on.

If the forces can't recruit - is it better to have a fatty v's nobody? who knows - one things for sure though - fat people can lose weight - you don't see any pictures of fat people in concentration camps - which is proof that lack of calories means lack of fat!
Oh yh I’m not arguing that being in deficit wouldn’t result in weight loss or as you say “crapita” being in fact crap as they took over a year to sort my application out.

CatsEyes

War Hero
You'll be lucky to receive a correct and definitive answer to your question on this site. It could be that his case was considered on an individual basis and he was deemed OK to proceed. Many professional rugby players are (apparently) obese or have high BMI numbers. Time will tell if he's fit enough to make the grade.

Good luck with the training and your future career!

Shakebody

Swinger
Recently spoken with a mate of mine who said that he was over the bmi limit by just over a stone when arriving at phase 1 yet they allowed him to go through anyway. Is this down to recruiting numbers or....?

Starting basic on Sunday

Cheers
Try and keep your fitness level high that's all I'll say... Don't take too much of calories as it worked for your friend you might not be lucky to get through.. We all carry different grace...

Starting basic on Sunday

Cheers
When I joined (im 1995) they weren't arsed about your weight, you had to do 2 pull ups some press ups which amount I can't remember and a mile and half in 11.30.
Real fat cnuts, obviously couldn't manage it, those who oddly built or were musclebound (but technically over weight) could.
The BMI test appears to be a bit **** when there are other tests available.

ugly

LE
The BMI test appears to be a bit **** when there are other tests available.
Indeed despite BMI being around since the 1930's army recruitment never paid attention to it until recently.
The old fashioned ACIO manned by serving SNCO's who knew that training would sort out most had a level of discretion that ensured you would go to selection and only complete biffs (and gobby ginger twats) would fail. Fast forward to Capita and the experienced staff have mainly moved on but Capita is a process led organisation. This is to ensure it complies with the clients requirements. The client for want of experienced staff and army medical officers being available have to issue a set of guide lines. These use a system which even the NHS knows and admits is flawed. There you have it, blame not the messenger but the idiot who decided that 40 year old passed over sgts had no value.

Latest Threads