ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

bmi at phase 1

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by stockers, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiya, will i get sent home from basic if my bmi is to high or do they do a fat caliper test and take into account build?

Original thread moved to the fitness sticky... stop making new ones and read the dam stickies, then go for a run :) Disco

2. have you already got through selection ? it would have been picked up there before basic ?

3. Good point - get off the keyboard, put down the pies and go for a run! :)

4. Stockers you made a post/thread tonight (which has now disappeared :? ) stating you're 6 foot 1 and 16 stone. Gives you a bmi of 29.6

Surely this thread shows your weight gain/being above ideal is hardly a surprise? You having posted it two months ago ...

However picky points aside; can't answer the question. Ask your afco? I would say drop some weight but I recall you said you start basic in a week?

5. Simple answer they can do the test but sometimes they just wont bother but you are currently Overweight for your height 1.6bmi over so try dropping a few kg of weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.