bmi at phase 1

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by stockers, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hiya, will i get sent home from basic if my bmi is to high or do they do a fat caliper test and take into account build?

Original thread moved to the fitness sticky... stop making new ones and read the dam stickies, then go for a run :) Disco
  2. have you already got through selection ? it would have been picked up there before basic ?
  3. Good point - get off the keyboard, put down the pies and go for a run! :)
  4. Stockers you made a post/thread tonight (which has now disappeared :? ) stating you're 6 foot 1 and 16 stone. Gives you a bmi of 29.6

Surely this thread shows your weight gain/being above ideal is hardly a surprise? You having posted it two months ago ...

However picky points aside; can't answer the question. Ask your afco? I would say drop some weight but I recall you said you start basic in a week?
  5. Simple answer they can do the test but sometimes they just wont bother but you are currently Overweight for your height 1.6bmi over so try dropping a few kg of weight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.