BMH Shaiba

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by ViroBono, Jan 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I find that I have been unexpectedly pinged for the next jaunt to Iraq.

Can anyone give me the heads-up on the hospital there - accom, facilities etc. Will I need much extra kit? Is it worth taking my laptop? Will TURP be putting in an appearance? All info gratefully received.
  2. Try visiting the forum as there are two guys currently there who post regularly and there is also some info in the past forums regarding DVD availability (3 large screen, quite a few small ones) etc. Enjoy your trip!
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Having just returned Dec, the Corimecs were going up. Internet is good but needs reporting when it goes down. Air-con was going which was nice. TCU's between about 10-16 blokes.

Good cookhouse and TV room- all in all home from home except its 50 degrees in the summer! Apparantly they are under 2 ft of water at the moment.
  4. I done Telic 1 and 2 and my best friend out there was my sweat rag!!! I'd advise to take more than one though (SMELLY!! and quite salty too!) esp if your gonna be there over the summer months. Hopefully the air con will be sorted out by now! :oops: Enjoy!
  5. have heard on the grapevine that the corimecs are now open! welfare facilities were good when i left, but take your lap top even if its only to watch dvds on nights!
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Bare in mind, a laptop doesnt like the dust- and a floppy disk will only last a couple of go's in a PC/ laptop. Invest in a memory stick. The firms laptops died like flies after about a month, so beware.
  7. or fork out a couple of grand for a toughbook they work fine. BTW memory sticks are not allowed in any of the HQ's so bear that in mind.
  8. hehe see you in May :lol:
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You must have had the good Toughbooks then.

Don't tell them about your Memory stick then! Floppy's are a non starter.
  10. no had one of the firms ones excellent bit of kit off the shelf purchase instead of the usual suitcase sized laptops the army get developes
  11. At the BMH now. There’s a real air of permanence developing. Fences going up, corrimec village & all.

Not in the corrimecs yet, but will be by the end of next week, each 1 having its own air conditioner & 2 persons sharing.

Mobile Phone wise, Vodafone & Orange seem to do the job although pricey.

Food excellent, as for kit, with a baggage allowance of 45kgs & all the new kit they issue there is very little room left for personal items. Make sure you get a comfy box for the rest.

Laptop mines 7 yr old & will most likley snuff it while here, but then thats what insurance is ment for :twisted: opps it fell of the table.
  12. Laptop will come in handy. Corimecs grand opening on 28th January. Hoorah!

Flypapers are worth bringing.
  13. I Hear the "BADGE" got dropped on New Years Eve???
  14. can anyone confirm this? :lol: :lol: