Blunkett orders cell death review

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/3626591.stm

2. What a horrible way to die, have just watched the programme. I hope heads roll for what happened. No one should be left to die like that.

3. Just watched the BBC programme. I must say that the witch hunt that will no doubt take place will put the entire blame on the coppers. Having seen the BBCs slant on it, I would say it was a very unlucky and unfortunate situation.

I can understand the families point of view but I suggest that the coppers took Alder on the assumtion from the hospital that his life was not in danger. Not saying the coppers are fully blameless but the BBC prog was rather 'Guardian readers' in its point of view.

I also see they are trying to put a racial slant on it too.

4. Just watched the TV prog.

The old bill do a pretty thankless task which I don't think I could do to be perfectly honest. The coppers I know or have had dealings with have been good blokes doing a job of work (and I say that as someone who has been in the cells more than once as well). But this case fcuking stinks of a cover up :evil: far too many unanswered questions.

I just hope the TV prog hasn't prejudiced the case.

5. I think it may well have done, egg. Good ol' BBC just wanting to report went away with chaps in rain coats and stout shoes covering 'things as they unfolded'.

Would this cover up be like the 'Roswell cover up' or the 'Deepcut' cover up'?

6. More of a 'Deepcut' cover-up I would say.

The most obvious anomoly for me was the fact that this lad gets into the back of a wagon, alone, awake.........arrives at the nick, sparko, trousers and skids round his ankles and mud on this legs...... 8O.

OK, once you can get over that.........he is then left to die while they fcuk about trying to find a charge to fit.........no checks, not even a kick......the assumption being that he's fcuking about.........fine, still kick him to make sure.

Then once it dawns that he's dead their IA drill are shite......... :evil: