Blunkett machine-gun prisoners claim

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Oct 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A hysterical David Blunkett told the prison service to call in the army and "machine gun" inmates in order to regain control of a riot-torn prison, the former director general of the prison service, Martin Narey, claims today.
    In a response to the former home secretary's memoirs, The Blunkett Tapes, Mr Narey said that Mr Blunkett "shrieked" down the phone to him that he did not care about the possible loss of life among staff or prisoners during efforts to retake Lincoln jail, which had been taken over by rioting inmates in October 2002.

Mr Narey said that he told Mr Blunkett that he would take the prison back as quickly as possible, but would not risk staff or prisoners' lives. "He shrieked at me that he didn't care about lives, told me to call in the army and 'machine gun' prisoners and, still shrieking, again ordered me to take the prison back immediately. I refused. David hung up."

Mr Narey told the Times that the way Mr Blunkett behaved during the riot convinced him that he was not up to job of being home secretary.

Article in full

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffairs/story/0,,1924226,00.html

and this is the tw*t who was demanding that the Good General be sacked for speaking 'unconstitutionally'

2. What more need to be said?

3. I was brought/dragged up in a strong Labour voting area. The tale that in the National Strike in the 20s Churchill wanted to turn the troops out on the Welsh Minners was an off told tale.
    I still hear it occasional on this board.
    john
    Labour will always go to the extreames for it knows That Rent a Mob will not turn out.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Hmmm, a politician being a little light with the truth ? Surely not !

It seems he's determined to prove the point I made about him over here.

I wonder how he got the slot reading his diaries on Radio 4, I'd have thought they were better suited to Jackanory.

5. machine gunning prisoners.... Didn't realise anyone in the labour party had any common sense! Mind you, due to budgetary reasons we would have to bayonet them as we can't afford the rounds!!

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Ah go boil your head, you ijit.

More evidence, as if we needed it, that Blunkett and WP are unbalanced t0ssers.

7. Was what Blunket said Unconstitutional?! :wink:

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

And this was the man who had the temerity to criticise our CGS....

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=894837.html#894837

Clearly unfit for any role in public life....and yet constituionally (as he is quick to remind us) it is only people like HIM who has the right to comment publically and make decisions about our soldiers serving and dying in foreign lands..

9. What's the problem!? Would cut down on number of prisoners, the soldiers involved could subsequently be tried for murder and save on pension payments.

Think Mr Blunkett is a man of rare vision and insight...........................

I'll get my coat!

10. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

There's only one establishment which the army needs to enter with machine guns blazing.

-
    "Room Clear!"
    "Make way for Her Majesty lads!"
    "Thank you gentlemen.....I see the birds have flown"
    "No Ma'am, Blair and Brown are hiding under the Table, Blair seems to be using the dispatch box as some sort of helmet"
    "Ah yes. Do carry on..."
    -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cordon, Cordon, this is Alpha Control. Receiving? Over."

"Go ahead Alpha Control"

"Allow the fire engine and two ambulances through the cordon, over."

"All Received Alpha Control; Cordon out."

That's what we need more of in this Country [based on real events in 1980] not Human Fcuking Rights!

12. RTFQ, a truly visceral pictoral story!

Welldone that man! :lol:

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Alternatively:

"Received Alpha Control. No fire engine enroute as the bastards are on strike again. Roger so far ?"

"Roger Cordon"

"Nearest Green Goddess scrambled. ETA tomorrow 1200 hrs. Over."

"Oh Bollocks..."

14. Sadly, the repeal of the Riot Act in 1973 removed the Home Secretary's power to do what Blunkett suggested.

The Riot Act was an awsome tool - if a chief constable was unable to keep order on his patch he was obliged to call in the army to restore order. To invoke the law, the magistrates had to read the proclamation contained in the Act aloud to the mob (12 or more persons) thus:

"Our sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the act made in the first year of King George, for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies. God save the King."

If the request was ignored and mob had not dispered within an hour the army could be given permission to open fire. The act was used during the Police strike of 1919 and the army shot dead a looter in Liverpool (where else?).

15. ROTFLMAO.... Ey, Ey, Ey....