Blunkett, his life and the stage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Proximo, Aug 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This story is being carried by Sky News:

Public domain, shurely...

I suggest that when your life has reached the point where comedy plays - nay, musicals - are being written about it, the time has been and gone for reaching for the lawyers.

2. From the Guardian:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/media/story/0,12123,1557408,00.html

We all know who is weird - the bearded satyr that finds chasing rich women irresistable and who cannot suppress a primitive and bizarre desire to impregnate them. The same lecher who lied over fiddling his lover's nanny's passport and tried to cover up his misdeeds, and who is apparently fit to return to a ministerial post now that the inconvenient election is out of the way.

No wonder no-one in this country trusts the lying corrupt bunch of sh!ts.

rant continues etc..

3. Blind man's bluff!!!

4. This deserves a picture!

[​IMG]

5. Corruption and useless government = crap blind bloke able to start off again lying to the populace.

6. The Blair administration knows best what you should be permtted to see and hear.

See it hard at work protecting you from the content of a book by former British UN ambassador Sir Jeremy Greenstock.

The book recounts the circumstances under which the UK joined the USA in invading Iraq.

Jack Straw, the foreign secretary, is blocking passages from a fly-on-the-wall account by Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Britain's former ambassador to the UN, on the run-up to the war in Iraq.

Downing Street disowned any involvement in the censoring of the book yesterday after reports in the Observer and the Mail on Sunday that Tony Blair had wanted to block publication.

No 10 put the responsibility on the Foreign Office and Whitehall procedures to vet civil servants' memoirs for the removal of parts of the book, The Cost of War.

The book is understood to reveal embarrassing conversations between him, Mr Blair and the foreign secretary during the UN negotiations.

The exchanges are said to show neither politician in a flattering light.

"FO accused of censoring insider book on Iraq war"

David Hencke, Westminster correspondent
    Monday July 18, 2005

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1530814,00.html

7. Sir Jeremy Greenstock certainly changed his tune. I can still see his aggressive "singing from the hymnsheet" briefings at the UN.

Sir Christopher Meyer is another fish altogether. Now I'd really like to see what he has to put in print , along with the 50 military and diplomatic experts who said "This is an incredibly bad idea" who were dismissed as "Arabists".

I still think about why that phrase was used to dismiss them, when this was a war against terror , surely?