Blunkett at it again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pomps, Oct 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Poor old David Blunkett - prize chunt!

In a statement, Mr Blunkett said "with hindsight" it would have been better if he had consulted the committee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4389546.stm

Though i recon hindsight must be a bit of a dbardstard for him!

discuss... 8O

2. How many more times is this guy going to get away with this.

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Perhaps he just wants to beat the pansy Mandelson's record.

- or is he trying to deflect attention from Tessa Jowell's embarrassing husband

- or John Reid's embarrassing in-laws

- or the Wide-Mouthed Frog ripping off charities

- or Gordon Brown's economic mismanagement?

I think we should be told.

4. .... and remember, don't mention the war!

5. Blunky is, in all likelihood, the most corrupt minister to hold office in modern parliamentary history. He has broken up relationships, misled an official inquiry, suppressed details of business interests...etc...

6. ... but he did it all 'in good faith' and as we know from Tony, that makes everything all right!

7. The allegation relates to Mr Blunkett's directorship of a DNA testing firm when he was between Cabinet posts.

Sun Microsystems (SUNW: NASDAQ) http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SUNW aspires to become very big in the field of computerized national identification cards.
    http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2003-04/sunflash.20030410.2.html

I mention this in case the former Home Secretary is looking for investment opportunities and he or his intimates read this website.

As always, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Do your own due diligence and investigate before you invest.

8. No, Mr P. You are frankly wrong - he is a decent man. I have this on good authority, because at the time of his sacking as Home Secretary, despite the embezzlement, theft, dishonesty and poor taste, he was told by our Prime Minister that he left office with his 'Integrity Intact'.

Having said that, the PM has probably inadvertently implied just how dodgy the rest of the cabinet are :)

9. Ha ha, the b@stard has been made to sell his ill-gotten shares!

That'll deprive him of a bob or two, as the company is due to float next year.

Also, the question is being asked: If he was doing nothing wrong, why did he have to sell his shares?

He'll probably get away with the shares issue alone. However, if there is an investigation and he cannot resist the irresistable compulsion to lie, then it'll be bye bye Blunky! :twisted:

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

But for how long ?

11. FFS... just heard on LBC news that Blair has stated the issue has been resolved and closed as Blunky has sold his shares.
    THIS MUST STOP! Fecked off!

12. Has anyone else clocked what DNA Bioscience do?

Paternity testing kits. I kid you not. You couldn't make it up.

smithie

13. He's in deep sh!t this morning!

It appears that he has misled everyone about the "hindsight" issue. The requirement to take advice on directorships was given to him, in writing, 3 times according to correspondence released by the Cabinet Secretary.

The issue of his directorship and how it relates to the company's activity is unclear. The company was not on an approved list, yet won government business. How did this happen? Did Blunky pocket some shares in return for influence?

I strongly suspect he will be out in 48 hours. The only thing that can keep him from going is Bliar's support (in defiance of all common sense) and that appears lukewarm. There is no support from elsewhere in the party (I mean serious support, not the toady Joyce - incidentally without poppy) and his ex-colleagues are probably rubbing their hands with glee.

The Scottish Tory leader resigned last night over taxi expense and this news - which could be exploited by Liabour - has completely been overshadowed.

Ahh, what fun times we live in! :twisted:

14. There is a possible down side to all this.

When he returns (Not If) where will he end up? The MOD?

15. Have a look at the Daily Telegraph's 'Matt' cartoon this morning:

[​IMG]

Anyone spot the obvious mistake?

The sheet does not need two eye-holes!