Bluing Roll Pin Buckles

#1
After recently overhauling the finish on the metal work of my air-rifle I had a large amount of bluing cream left so I decided to try it out on other bits of kit.

To cut a short story down to size I now have a well blued roll pin buckle on my webbing.

I thought I would share the results with ARRSE.



I blued the buckle using G96 bluing cream

The process is really very simple clean the surface, then apply the cream with a piece of cloth. After you have blued the required surfaces wash the piece off in warm water. 5 minutes max.



I purchased the roll pin buckles from Kitmonster and the cream from my local gun shop.

I hope this has been informative if a little dull.
 
#2
It comes off

If you really want to blue it then heat it up with a blow torch then dunk it in oil. Preferably when its still around you
 
#3
Yes, because the one thing that'll give you away everytime is a shiny roll pin buckle (as worn by Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh* everywhere...)









*Walts
 

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
#5
Yeah, bit dull. I've got one, just crawl around a bit, it'll get dirty!
 
#6
Thank you. I'll remember that next time I want to join the cadets.
 
#7
Walt. I expect your 'blued' buckle comes in handy on your cadet weekends. I smell urine. Have you removed your headress you ginger wretch?
 

MrBane

LE
Moderator
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#8
Yes, and share you did. :)
 
#9
I never understand what's wrong with the black Nexus buckle, which isn't shiny, opens quickly, closes quickly, tightens and loosens as required and doesn't attract wolf whistles. It's even free and if it breaks free to replace from ITW Nexus.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#12
If your close enough that the nasty men that doing this would make a difference you are one of three things

a - one of them
b - in some serious shit
c - a walty airsofting tit

which one are you?
 

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
#13
Bravo_Zulu said:
I never understand what's wrong with the black Nexus buckle, which isn't shiny, opens quickly, closes quickly, tightens and loosens as required and doesn't attract wolf whistles. It's even free and if it breaks free to replace from ITW Nexus.
It might just be me, but every issue webbing belt i've ever had has never kept as tight as i want it to be. They just keep loosening off. This irritates me, as my webbing should want to work for me, not beat me like a ginger step child who has just been caught wanking off the dog into his baby sisters arse.

Roll pin buckle = it behaves like it oughta!
 
#14
Bennett, you should be beaten to death with one of Vanessa Feltzs lungs.

Why would anyone on this planet be interested in this topic??

What next?

'Heres several pictures of me shoving a toasting fork down my penis'?


Go away you scabby little dullard.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#15
crow_bag said:
If your close enough that the nasty men that doing this would make a difference you are one of three things

a - one of them
b - in some serious s***
c - a walty airsofting tit

which one are you?
C_B, to help you work it out here's some of the pictures of the Special Air Squadron Expert Operator Instr. concerned:

Green Ops.
And one from his Black Ops. -->
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#16
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well i guess that kind of narrows it down.

I didn't realise one of THEM would have to time to browse arrse and share their kit modding expertise with us.

I am honoured.
 
#17
BBear said:
Bravo_Zulu said:
I never understand what's wrong with the black Nexus buckle, which isn't shiny, opens quickly, closes quickly, tightens and loosens as required and doesn't attract wolf whistles. It's even free and if it breaks free to replace from ITW Nexus.
It might just be me, but every issue webbing belt i've ever had has never kept as tight as i want it to be. They just keep loosening off. This irritates me, as my webbing should want to work for me, not beat me like a ginger step child who has just been caught wanking off the dog into his baby sisters arse.

Roll pin buckle = it behaves like it oughta!
When you fall into a river and drown because you can't get 14kg of webbing off quick enough because of the buckle, don't say I didn't warn you. I suggest you get a rubber band and wrap it around the webbing by the male clip; this stops it pulling out.

I'm sure I recognise the bloke in the blue beret above. Glad to see his friends are as cool as he is...
 
#18
If you're unfortunate to fall into a river with 14kg of webbing on then you simply swim to the shore where you will be mercilessly ridiculed by your muckers, unless of course you have arms thinner than Amy Winehouse and then you simply drown.

By the way, thanks for the warning. I would never have known that falling into a body of water whilst carrying weight could be detrimental to your health. You learn something every day. On a seperate note, does anyone know how to blue a roll pin buckle? I have an idea that it might someday save my life.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#19
Falling into a river wearing 14kg of webbing is probably a bigger danger to cadets and their instrs than sldrs, though why their AI would have taught them to carry so much in their webbing is a mystery.
To make them easier to catch on the night 'exercises' maybe ?


"Right boys, packing list for your webbing:

1. Water bottle (full) & mug.
2. Wooly hat.
3. Chocolate Hobnobs.
4. Paracord and cableties.
5. Speculum.
6. Two dozen large tubes of KY. "
 
#20
Cutaway said:
Falling into a river wearing 14kg of webbing is probably a bigger danger to cadets and their instrs than sldrs
To be honest, I'd have thought that the biggest danger to cadets would be their sexual predator of an AI, especially at 0300hrs in their bunk, leaning over their bed, naked save for the condom stretched over his twitching, pre-cum oozing erection.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top