Bluing Roll Pin Buckles

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bennett, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After recently overhauling the finish on the metal work of my air-rifle I had a large amount of bluing cream left so I decided to try it out on other bits of kit.

To cut a short story down to size I now have a well blued roll pin buckle on my webbing.

I thought I would share the results with ARRSE.

[​IMG]

I blued the buckle using G96 bluing cream

The process is really very simple clean the surface, then apply the cream with a piece of cloth. After you have blued the required surfaces wash the piece off in warm water. 5 minutes max.

[​IMG]

I purchased the roll pin buckles from Kitmonster and the cream from my local gun shop.

I hope this has been informative if a little dull.

2. It comes off

If you really want to blue it then heat it up with a blow torch then dunk it in oil. Preferably when its still around you

3. Yes, because the one thing that'll give you away everytime is a shiny roll pin buckle (as worn by Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh* everywhere...)

*Walts

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

How the fcuk are you supposed to brasso that up?

coat, hat, zimmer frame! :)

5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Yeah, bit dull. I've got one, just crawl around a bit, it'll get dirty!

6. Thank you. I'll remember that next time I want to join the cadets.

7. Walt. I expect your 'blued' buckle comes in handy on your cadet weekends. I smell urine. Have you removed your headress you ginger wretch?

8. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes, and share you did. :)

9. I never understand what's wrong with the black Nexus buckle, which isn't shiny, opens quickly, closes quickly, tightens and loosens as required and doesn't attract wolf whistles. It's even free and if it breaks free to replace from ITW Nexus.

10. Is this a wah??

11. well if it is, top marks for effort, none for style though...

12. If your close enough that the nasty men that doing this would make a difference you are one of three things

a - one of them
    b - in some serious shit
    c - a walty airsofting tit

which one are you?

13. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

It might just be me, but every issue webbing belt i've ever had has never kept as tight as i want it to be. They just keep loosening off. This irritates me, as my webbing should want to work for me, not beat me like a ginger step child who has just been caught wanking off the dog into his baby sisters arse.

Roll pin buckle = it behaves like it oughta!

14. Bennett, you should be beaten to death with one of Vanessa Feltzs lungs.

Why would anyone on this planet be interested in this topic??

What next?

'Heres several pictures of me shoving a toasting fork down my penis'?

Go away you scabby little dullard.

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

C_B, to help you work it out here's some of the pictures of the Special Air Squadron Expert Operator Instr. concerned:

Green Ops.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] And one from his Black Ops. --> [​IMG]