Bluetooth Headsets

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by hookscarabina, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me that think people look a complete cnut when wearing one of these things?

[​IMG]

Do these touchers think they are part of the star trek team? Am I just getting wound up over fcuk all?

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Very hollywood bodyguard though. Put on a black suit and stand with your back to an expensive car doing a meercat for maximum credibility.

3. Its nothing to get wound up about but they do look like choppers. I can understand people wearing them as they drive etc but when they wear them as they walk down the street, well. I think it is a new form of walting, perhaps they think they are bodyguards with discreet comms devices!

4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Hook,

I used to be with you on this - but I converted and use one. Why? Becuase I work in an open plan office so can't use speakerphone without irritating everyone around me and often require the use of my computer when on these calls to make sure I have my facts right. I also get called when I am on the road and don't fancy coughing up the fine.

Do I take it off when I face to face with someone? YES.

Do I spend more time on the phone than face to face? YES, therefore, get bluetooth! However, I agree that one does not have to wear it for 24 hours a day.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Drivers, yes, open plan offices yes, but anyone who walks around AND touches their ear when talking, whilst flipping their mobile open is definitely a trekkie. Watch out for the green b!tches.

6. Mysteron, if you find it necessary to wear one for your job I reckon thats ok in the office, its just when I see some wheel tapper walking down the street with one wedged in their lug, or sat having fcuking soup or whatever that it makes me laugh out loud and point at them. Dunno, maybe my head is fcuked up?

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well, it's a fairly big nose, I admit, but doubt he can do much about it.
    The peado smile is a different matter.

8. new theory - its a real life run of the Cybermen episodes from Doctor Who - all the ones who walk around the place ie using it as a fashion statement (yeah right!) instead of its real purpose for work n driving - they're all getting their instructions - but from whom?? and what are they being told??? Hopefully "get a life you brainless gits"

9. No, you're not the only one, but I would go further and say that not only do they make people look like cnuts, they tend to make them behave like cnuts as well.

I'll concede that using one in the office it makes sense, but then that's your primary function when you're at your desk.

However, using a phone while driving is equally distracting from the involving and often complex business of drving safely and should have been made illegal at the same time as using a handset in the car. Drivers on phones in cars = behaving like cnuts.

Using one as a pedestrian in the street seems to rob an otherwise sensible person of all awareness of traffic and other hazards, often causing them to step into the road unexpectedly, making life more difficult for the above driver. Pedestrians on phones in the street = behaving like cnuts.

Gross generalisation, I know, and I stress the "tend to" part of my argument. You don't have to agree, this is my (not-so-humble) opinion, not yours.

Rant over? Not for a long time!

10. What they hear is "Breathe in, ...Breathe out.....Breathe in....."

11. Big_duke_six, I think you're right my man, I've never really looked at it from that angle - Look like cnuts, and behave like cnuts. I normally just spot one, nudge the misses, point and laugh at the tube, making it known I think they're a cnut.
    Maybe they are all terrorists, and we should drop the cnuts at every available opportunity. I'm off out now to find one.

12. Mainly ugly/nobody blokes who wear these things to distract away from the face, I mean look at the nose....good for getting the last pickle out of the jar though!

13. Ah right - makes perfect sense - shame there can't be a malfunction then

14. [​IMG]

He looks like he's a mate of Langham, offering Werthers outside the school gates.

15. What scares me about bluetooth in London is you can't tell whether someon's shouting down the phone or just a raving schizophrenic until you're up close