Blues Wedding Rig?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 87mc12, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon gents. I'm getting married at the end of this month and have just managed to pick up a blues jacket from AGC HQ in Worthy Down, but I'm a little unsure as to how the sword is attached...

I've got the blue belt and two leather straps of different lengths to put on it. I have my own sword with a nickel scabbard with two loops on it.

Which of the two straps goes behind the other? And which of the loops on the scabbard to they attach onto? One other question, she told me the blue belt goes on top of the jacket under the crimson sash, but my CO told me that's the wrong way to do it and that it goes under the jacket?

Ive tried Google image search but not got very far. Just want to make sure I don't make a complete pigs ear of it!

Thanks

2. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Blues wedding rig.
    Black suit, white shirt, black tie (thin). Comfortable black shoes.
    Harmonica in top pocket.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't forget the Raybans.

4. The two slings are attached to the cloth sword belt. The longer one goes on the back ring in the centre of the back and is attached to the bottom ring on the tin scabbard, the shorter goes on the foremost ring that should sit on the hip, the other end through the top scabbard ring.

If you've got this far, turn the slung (for that is what it is called) sword through 180 degrees so the long lower sling wraps around the outside of the scabbard and the sword's hilt is pointing rearwards, then hook the top ring on the hook situated by the front belt ring.

It will look right if, when you are standing up and to attention, the shoe (another technical term) of the scabbard is to your front and the hilt is sitting, pointing aft behind your wrist.

The first drill movement in 'Draw Swords' when the sword is slung is to whip the hilt around to face the front with the left hand whilst the right comes across to seize the handgrip.

PLEASE don't be tempted to strut around with the sword hilt facing forward like some member of the Ruritanian nobility.

AND, make sure you swap sword knots. Leather no, gold lace yes.

Belts: Sword belt OVER the jacket and sash over the top of that - make sure you get the 'tension' correct in both of them or you'll look like a bag of washing. The sword belt is worn under the jacket by those who don't wear a sash but sport a cross belt instead, ie Gunners etc.

5. [​IMG]

Google or Ebay if you need any more. (Or consult Corps Dress Regs)

British Army uniform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.arrse.co.uk/agc-raptc-sasc/85243-adjutant-generals-corps-dress-instructions.html

Accoutrements

Officer:
    Ceremonial:
    Crimson silk waist sash, tassels worn on the left size.
    Non ceremonial:
    Brown Leather Sam Browne (sword frog only worn with sword).
    Cross belt:
    Officers cross belt worn by RMP Colonels and above. Banded on crimson Moroccan leather, gold lace. Rear pouch has a silver RMP badge, height 2.9cm, width 3.2cm in the centre.
    Soldiers:
    White Nylon Belt.
    Branch specific buckles.
    A cloth belt may be worn on informal occasions.

Sword

Officers:
    Ceremonial:
    1897 Infantry Pattern.
    Steel scabbard.
    Gold sword Knot (allowed to hang freely in the mounted tradition).
    Non ceremonial:
    Brown leather scabbard.
    Brown leather sword knot.

THE ADJUTANT GENERALS CORPS

http://www.squaddiekit.com/DRESS%20REGULATIONS%20AGC.doc

6. There are far more dashing examples you could have given.

7. Thanks for the help! I think I've got it more or less figured out! Worst case scenario, I'll just wait for the wedding day when I can get my captain to check it out and make sure it's good to go! I know I can always rely on this website to see me straight.

Thanks again

Miles

8. Eh?

9. Are you having a private dress-up for your Officer?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)