Blues & Royals ? 1989

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Peeler, Sep 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I have two quick questions I hope can be answered. I'm doing a bit of research about the British Army in 1989.
    Question #1 - Can anyone confirm to me that the Blues & Royals were equipped with Challenger 1 and were they assigned to 33rd Ard Bde. in 1989?
    Question #2 - What Challenger 1 regiments were Type 43 as opposed to the standard Type 57 ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. QA. They could well have been. They were certainly on CR1 as I took a couple of crew comd courses at Lulworth that were complete Blues and Royals crews.

3. yes to question 1 we handed the challys to the LG's in dec 89 and farked orf back to Windsor for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

footnote because of batus the regiment conveted from chally to chieftan and then to cvr/t............pfff

4. Butler, Thank You !

-yes to question 1 we handed the challys to the LG's in dec 89 and farked orf back to Windsor for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-

Ok so you definetly had Challenger 1's and were in 33rd Ard. Bde., great. When did you convert to Challengers ? Where you stationed at Detmold ? And finally, When did RHG/1D come under commend of the 33rd ?

-footnote because of batus the regiment conveted from chally to chieftan and then to cvr/t............pfff-

When was this ?

5. are you a spy?

6. lol :eek:

7. We converted from Chieftain to Challenger in 86. Moved from Detmold at the same time. Not sure in the change of command, I would suspect it was about the same time.

8. If he's a spy he must be a sleeper - asking Qs 20 years after they cease to be relevant!

9. LOL.... :D :D

Thank You all, I'm just a frustrated Yank doing research on the BAOR. ( hope to do a book one day....) . I really do appreciate all the help. Thanks again.

Q: You moved from Detmold to where ? How many Sqd.'s did you have ?

10. Sennelager and we had 4 sabre Sqns plus HQ.

11. EVERY TIME I SMELL A RAT

OR READ SOMETHING OBSCENE

I SEE THE NAME OF A HUSSAR PRATT

FOREVER BRUNSWICK GREEN

AND YES I KNOW IT

12. Again Thanks all, you guys are great !!

Cheers

13. B sqn was also predominantly 14/20h. The wooden tops needed someone to show them how it's supposed to be done :p (so feck knows why they picked us!! :D:D )

14. I'm sure he'll be pleased when he reads this!

15. It was those funny coloured hats, gave us a good laugh. Ok you also turned out to be cracking tank crew as well.