Blues or twos at graduation?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Judge Judy, Jun 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, *******. I graduate as a *cough* mature MSc student next week at a civ Uni amongst a whole host of other mil types. I'm not in touch with said mil types as we only did a two-day induction and promptly fecked off to all corners of the earth to continue our studies as distance learners, so can't ask them. Opinion amognst my peerage varies between blues, twos, suit or regi tie although one bloke who did the latter was the only bloke who did on his course and regretted it immensely. So it's down to blues or twos of which I have both. What does the great ARRSE community think?
  2. As an ex RAF guy, twos are you No2 uniform. What would the blues be. Apologies for the dumb question. Let the piss taking begin, 3-2-1 GO!
  3. Blues
  4. Civi Uni I would say suit and tie, but if your only choice is between Blues or twos then I always thought Blues looked smarter. Congrats on the Msc BTW

(Blues No.1 dress)

Sent via Tapatalk HD
  5. I'd have gone for blues (if I'd had them) purely on the basis that there are so few opportunities to wear them compared to No. 2s.

Also, in a non-military setting blues look more ceremonial and less military than No. 2s (if that makes sense).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Will you be wearing the usual gown hood howsyerfather? If so blues would add restrained elegance to the procedings - followed by nice photos on here (with usual black nasty persec protector)
  7. Blues - more likely to get you laid. Or shot. Or both.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Suit. Its a civvy university
    • Like Like x 3
  9. If its a Red Brick sort of place I would go in tatty denim top and shades.
    BUT, seriously I would suggest a suit and regimental tie.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Don't forget the traffic cone on your head, you are a student after all...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks I didn't want to assume and make a bigger fool of myself
  12. All the pics i've seen from graduations have been twos and gown. I didn't bother going to mine but might have done if I was single wink wink.
  13. It doesn't matter what ARRSE thinks; your Adjutant / RSM is the person you need to run this past.
  14. My university stated service dress in its regs. Dunno if it's obvious, too, but service cap rather than mortarboard.