Blues and Royals N.I 1979

Discussion in 'RAC' started by scarletto, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im wondering if their are any lads on here, who where on that tour, if so can they PM me please.
  2. Wasn't that the Tour with the really bad incident at the Woodburn Hotel?
  3. Yes mate not nice at all, its coming up to that time of the year again, bad bad tour that,something that still gives me nightmares and trips to combat stress.
  4. Do you mind me asking what happened?
  5. go figure, look on the role of honour for N.I
  6. Presume its the attack on 2 para at warrenpoint :(
  7. you really aint got a clue have you, blues n royals wtf thats got to do with the Paras????

Blues and Royals Belfast 1979 no mention of anything about the Paras .
  8. No i haven't got a clue thats why i asked, wouldnt of asked if i had would i :frustrated:

Looked on an unofficial site for northern ireland roll of honour under 1979 and only big incident listed was an attack on 2 para when the ira ambushed 2 para with an 800lb bomb and its the biggest loss 2 para had suffered post war.

So sorry for getting it wrong :thumbdown:
  9. That was the year I joined. The guys never really spoke about it for years. got little bits here and there, nothing I'm qualified to comment on but the Blues & Royals never went back as a regiment only as att personnel.
  10. Cheers Butler, youll know probably who we are talking about, me and my mate were last to talk to him, so know the real truth as do the lads who were there, i know M is in in Cyprus now, nice bloke to.

But i was with Dickie and ant at Andytown later :(

Just need to contact someone who was there
  11. M**gs was at one time time my gunner. At that stage he was a bright and up coming young trooper. I was not on that tour but the Sqn Ldr seems to have gone against everything he was told and must bear a great deal of the responsibility.
  12. Paymaster, sent PM.
  13. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Scarletto, have you tried the Household cavlry message board, there are lot of the regiment of that vintage posting regularly there.

Can I ask you all to respect Scarletto request if you were there and if you were not or do not know what we are talking about do not pry as it was an awfull time for all concerned.

14. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

15. DJ,
    many thanks for what you put up, i will contact them tonight.