Blue Sandhurst Letter Writing Guide

Discussion in 'Officers' started by RobertG Mugabe, May 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening All.

I left Sandhurst in 1991 and the Army in 1999. Does anyone remember the light blue letter writing idiots guide ( Apt in my case ). If anyone has a it I would be extremely grateful for a copy.

Many thanks

Regards Bob
  2. I do remember it but unfortunately I don't have a copy. I would try the Army Staff Handbook instead, which I would have thought has superseded it and should give you what you need to know. It is unclassified and on t'interweb somewhere.
  3. JSP101 no good?

4. Apparently letters aren't a "joint" activity, therefore ignored by JSP 101 now.
  5. Why not simply type your missive in a post here on Arrse, and we'll critique it for you?
  6. Hence the requirement for the Army Staff Handbook, the other two services apparently just send each other txt msgs.
  7. I left in the same year (Somme Coy). Kept the bloody thing for least til AJD in 97 but it failed to make the umpteenth move of SFA.....anyway wifey then took on all "thankyou" letters. She could ignore the need for 2.5cm margins!!

Why are you looking for it? Just been to your first dinner party and need to thank the hostess for the super company and her delicious merangues?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Got mine from 1998 somewhere... I'll dig it out - what do you need specifically? I can scan and copy a page or two, or photocopy and post the guide complete...