Blue Gunner Jumpers.

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by bomblet, Oct 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where can I get my hands on one? Have trird the tailors and Larkhill to no avail. Answers on a postcard please. : :p

2. Stevenage knitting company 01438 353240

70-odd quid though

3. The question should surely be, "Why the fcuk would I want one?"

4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Surely an outdated dress state in todays Royal Regiment? I remember one 2ic i had who used to wear the blue jumper, lightweights (No twisters) and brown shoes. :D

5. The above is the enforced dress state for a year at JSCSC. They make you suffer and dress you like a tw*t to make it worse.

The question should be; why when you've got a gut like most Gunners would you then attract attention to it by draping it in a bright blue wooly pully that looks like your Gran knitted it! :?

6. GunnersQuadrant

You mean a gut like most of those at JSCSC surely :D

7. On a related subject. Does anyone know where I can get one of those green Yeomanry Pullovers that 106 regt wear? I've asked at Bty & RHQ with no luck so far.

And yes, it is to cover my huge gut! :lol:

8. Well the question is why not? Presently serving on an all-arms team with all kinds of muppets from all three services, every Friday WO1 from A & SH wears his version of barrack dress consisting of Grey shirt, Sam Browne, Kilt, sporron and spats! Known as Kilt Friday in his Bn.

A sign of individuality, loyalty to his Regiment and a look of don't even bother to take the p*ss or i'll knock you out.

OK, we're not in an operational unit at the mo' and not doing CFT's and such on a friday like most people, but definitely proud of his roots, so why not be proud of who we are, instead of trying to blend in with the RLC, Sigs and REME. :cry:

A certain Lt Col just left the school, (Tgts Branch) always sporting some wierd kind of dress that he'd dragged out of his Dhobi bin, mad as a hatter, but hated the idea of wearing CS 95 for almost evrything. Well we nearly do now any way dont we? :?

Point being if you can be proud of the (Royal) Regiment you serve in, and if you're on an ERE then let them know about it. I do, evry day, 'cause i can!! :lol:

9. All for being proud of the Regiment, but the question is why should we have to pay for the honour? The price of the jumper and all it's gold baubles is far to expensive. Maybe when those at the top start fighting for a fair deal for the gunners as regards pay 2000 we might start thinking of buying these extras, until then, stick it up yer jumper.

10. GunnersQuadrant

Bravo tazz well said.

11. I take it you want one as CO 32 is wearing said jumper?

12. GunnersQuadrant

Not me chef, not my unit

13. Have seen Bty recruiting staff wearing the said jumper... looks not too bad IMHO.

14. used to have a rather rotund BSM (you know the type V sewn into the back of his combat trousers) we always wondered if he had to get the Belly specially Knitted into his Blue Jumper.

15. Harry Paget Flashman if you are still after a jumper I have a spare one - in fact it isn't spare it was my only one but as I don't want it I will certainly arrange for you to have it/buy it!!![/quote]